No more steri-strips!
Okayokay....so the instructions were to NOT tear them off. I'm pretty sure that he meant to not tear them off the rather lengthy wound. I didn't. They were free from the wound and sticking to the rest of me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it....or rather not being stuck to anymore. Whichever.
I'm taking that as progress. Not much else is feeling like progress.
Kinda like the visitor I had that looked at me and laughed and reminded me she'd been to visit 2 other times. Seriously?! Uh huh......he-who-DOES-remember-things validated that she was, indeed, visiting for the third time. Right. Gonna keep a calendar. That's just plain embarrassing.
Oh yeah.....AND I'm going to put the letters and cards on the calendar, too. Cuz I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out where the Halloween cards that turned out right side up went to. (yes, I seriously made some upside down.....they'll go to very forgiving people.....LOLOL) Apparently I mailed some out last week. OH please let them be forgiving as well.....*laughing*
And yesterday one of the gals from work called to check in on me......and apparently has rung more than yesterday (which himself informed me of after the call) which means once again....I can apologize and blame the circumstances. Doesn't stop me from feeling dumb....*sigh*
I give up. Really. I have a mush brain and I just need to accept it and stop getting so wound up over it.
The doc told me losing days/weeks was normal.
Apparently that'll happen.
I'd prefer it happen to someone else, tyvm. So I'm keeping a calendar--FOUR WEEKS after surgery--cuz I'm still a bit of a mess. And I'm snarky--which comes as no surprise....I do NOT like being out of control and not remembering stuff leaves me feeling very out of control.
Ah, but Studley is in the yard and the steri-strips are no more!
So there's progress in places.
And I lugged in a couple of wreaths this morning.
Which sorta explains "How did these wreaths end up in the middle of the kitchen floor?"
My answer?
The witch did it.
The booger chuckled........
:-/
(seriously...he needs to bring up my witchy hat and broom......tis the season dontchaknow!)
3 comments:
Ah, but Studley is in the yard and the steri-strips are no more!
So there's progress in places."
*two thumbs up, Mel*
Both on Studley and the no more steri-strips. That means you're healing!
"I'm going to put the letters and cards on the calendar, too. "
Faaaabulous! I can't wait to see what creations you come up with!
((((((((( You ))))))))))
X
I almost didn't know whether to cry or laugh with you. And then your closing remark was so humorous that laughing it will be.
Whatever it was they gave you to mush up your brain....makes you want to hiss at the inventor and pusher of that one. ;-/
A little chunk of coconut oil on a hunk of banana is a tasty treat. Actually the banana is just a carrier for the coconut oil which will feed your brain. Be sure to get the unrefined extra virgin organic stuff. I saw it at the Kroeger...don't get the cheap stuff. I'm thinking you already know this...but it's just a reminder to the mush.
Glad there's healing. Praying for full and complete and yes...speedy. This isn't the time nor place to work on patience. ;)
Whoever got your cards....they're feeling blessed. Especially the upside down ones. Weren't you flying upside down when you created those?? LOL!!
When this is all over...you are going to have stories! Lots of them!!
Oh Mel, it's hard to imagine you in any other position than being on top of things. Seems you are handling it with acceptance and determination. Now that sounds like YOU!
I'm grateful you have your sweetheart - can imagine the gratitude you carry.
Stan, a good friend, was putting something in the back of my SUV. He saw a broom lying across the back. He gripped the handle, paused and looked at me, "So you just landed! It's still warm."
He nearly received a higher voice!
Don't forget to wrap yourself in golden (healing) blankets and visualize everything in a perfect, healthy state. The mind is powerful even if it's glitching occasionally.
I cook my popcorn in coconut oil. I love it's taste and it's healthy qualities, but I'm delighted to learn it helps memory. No...wait a minute...what excuse will I have now for finding the Hydrogen Peroxide in the fridge?!
Post a Comment