Sunday, June 10, 2012

Silence is.....*sigh*

It's tough when the house goes silent.
It's GOOD when the house goes silent......I think it was the 3am awakening from little hands holding my face and the "Nana.....there's a monster with big teeth and he's trying to eat me......"

k....  One small person tucked in next to ya doesn't equate to a good finish to the night's sleep you were attempting to get.
The night prior wasn't much better.  No--there weren't monsters.  There was however, a trip to the bathroom at 3am WITH a tired adult (that'd be ME!!) cuz she needed 'help', dontchaknow.....  YES thank you, I think I'd like to do that!  What is it with the 3am deal?

Ah well.....matters not.  The house is suddenly too quiet.
But I have pretties on the patio!
A sailing ship and rainbows and a whale and rainbows and a clown and airplanes and more rainbows and fishies and more rainbows (yeahyeah.......she's a fan of rainbows apparently......)
AND I have a purple monkey on the fridge!
And a quiet house.....

k....

We'll be fine.
Tomorrow we'll FEEL as old as we are...LOL.......but we'll be fine!

5 comments:

Spadoman said...

I'm wondering if I made her a dream catcher or if I need to make her one. Let me know.

Peace

Ron said...

Bwhahahahahahahaha!

OMG...I LOVE Spadoman's comment!

HILARIOUS!!!!

""Nana.....there's a monster with big teeth and he's trying to eat me......""

Oh, how funny!!

And please tell the Bug that's probably the same monster that used to try and do the same thing to me when I was a youngin'

Cute photo, Nana Mel!

X

amy@ Souldipper said...

Nothing like youth to help forget about ourselves.

Going back to the playground...I'm with you. With all those "no" things, is there much room for bein' a kid? Shees.

I was wondering if the Bug does the 3:00 with her mom, too, or is it just with Gram?

Have been sending loads of good energy to all three sisters, Mel - two of mine and one of yours. Been wondering about her lots lately.

Valerie said...

Reading this got me all emotional, Mel. I'm definitely missing out on the joys of grandmotherhood.

mig said...

Isn't she gorgeous. And isn't quiet pretty good too - just for stoking up a bit of energy for next time of course.