
From the tip of the toes allllllll the way to the hip.
Yup---I found the one piece of ice in the whole state--or so said the EMT's and the policeman who showed up since I couldn't GET up.
They were extremely gracious about the amount of swearing involved. I'll note that was on the scene of the accident, only.
Good as gold the rest of the time!
I even got an Elmo sticker for being a "Super Patient" with the radiology folks.
And I didn't curse once when they reset the fractured femur.
I'm feeling very happy about that fact, tyvm!!
(and no, I don't believe that's a result of the wonderful pain medications they dispensed to me....)
Ohhhhhhhh.....*sniffle* I'm broken........
11 comments:
Oh nooooo! So sorry to hear this (although I did giggle about the swearing!) and am sending you lots of 'quick recovery' vibes across the interweb!
C x
Oh no, Miss Mel! Bad ice, bad bad ice!
Hope they gave you a lollipop for your bravery and fortitude.
Also hope you don't hurt too too much.
Sending a soft caring hug.
Oh Mel, not something I would wish on anyone. Please take care and wishing you speedy healing. So is the Brit ready to take on more duties? Feeling a bit sorry for him also (lol).
Added note - Have you seen B.H,'s blog today. Things are not good.
goodness gracious, bless your heart Mel. So sorry about your accident. Perhaps a few off color words were in order. sheesh! all the way to the hip? sheesh!! do take care, sending a hug :)
good grief. . .
poor you!
time to let the bug paint your toe nails and everyone else grab a bunch of markers and start to decorate the plaster, methinks. . .
(and some stickers too?!)
(and a piece of tinsel?)
and then, put your feet up (as best you can) and let all the other everyine elses do all the chores. . . .
bug hugs,you brave patient you
xxx
HOLY COW, MEL! The FEMUR?!?!?!?!? That's the biggest bone in the body, so I know it had to hurt!
YIKES!
The only good part about this is that it's fractured and not completely broken.
"And I didn't curse once when they reset the fractured femur."
You GO, dear lady!!!! I would have been cursing up a storm.
Just know I'm sending you MUCH Reiki so that you heal quickly, okay?
(((((((((((( You )))))))))))))
X ya!
P.S. Oooo....an Elmo sticker!!!!
Aww Mel I'm sorry. Sending healing thoughts and prayers for you. I hope you get better quick.
Gosh, Mel, how awful for you. I feel your pain and really hope the injury heals quickly. The rule is to allow several portions of swearwords when it things happen, if only to try and alleviate some of the pain. Sending positive vibes your way.
Hey girlfriend,
I really felt bad for you when I heard this.
Awh; you really didn't mean all that cussin' - its the pain and the shock of it all. It was that little scared kid inside of ya, that's all
I am sure that Docs and Police know that bit.
You get well!!
xox
Funny that I just now posted about helping someone who fell.
well, my dear,,, i made a small exit for a few days to recover my equilibrium, such as THAT is when i realized you had done SOMETHING to you. So i read and read backwards since i can't exactly call you-being without number etc. and finally i found it here. and my goodness, you did yourself up good! and of all times too... well, hmmm, i have no words of wisdom just now excepting take care of the pain and worry about stuff later if possible. since you can't get yourself into trouble now anyway. :)
aw mel, time will pass and i am sure you will heal but take your minerals anyway, just in case and your B's and C. k? wow, i go away for just a little and come back to a disaster! awww, i feel badly you missed the little concert. i would be grieving too.
xoxoxoxo and thinking of you...apologies to be gone during your time of boring need. xxx
Post a Comment