Sooner or later, we will come to realize that if behavior doesn't match a person's words, we are allowing ourselves to be controlled, manipulated, and deceived. Sooner or later, we will come to realize that talk is cheap, unless the person's behavior matches it.
We can come to demand congruency in the behavior and the words of those around us. We can learn to not be manipulated, or swayed, by cheap talk.
We cannot control what others do, but we can choose our own behaviors and our own course of action. We do not have to let cheap, well-timed talk control us - even if the words we hear are exactly what we want to hear to stop our pain.
Today, I will let go of my vulnerability to words. God, help me trust myself to know the truth, even when I am being deceived. Help me cherish those relationships where there is congruity. Help me believe I deserve congruity and truth in the behavior and the words of those I care about.

5 comments:
There's an awful lot of "cheap" talk going around. Sometimes we catch it, and sometimes it sneaks up and smacks us. I've come to the conclusion that authenticity is preferred and if others aren't interested in it...well...so be it. We must walk in the way of truth.
Thinking and praying for you today. Hope today brings a visit from the bug...maybe with news of her first days of school and some sweet time on the patio. [hugs]
Hey there Mel,
I am thinking of you and sending you lots of love.
I will be in touch with you after Tuesday. Tomorrow , we take our big leap across the Channel for a special ceremony.
I shall chat later.
xox
B
You are as always right on. Action beyond that of just the lips moving spark and show what is real. Love this post . I pray for the same wisdom.
Healing thoughts and prayers continuing to flow to you my friend.
Bill and Vi
Just stopping by after a looooong week at work to say hello, love and to share some Reiki....
((((((((((((( You ))))))))))))))
Awesome fairy reading today, Mel!
"We cannot control what others do, but we can choose our own behaviors and our own course of action."
Amen.
X
as Ron said, awesome reading
TYVM
Post a Comment