- Yes, I need new shoes--my foot is angled differently. Seems the doc shaved and chipped and straightened my leg to an all new angle when the hardware was attached. Lovely!
- I've lost an inch of height on the left side. This means I can wear sneakers on one side and a one inch heel on the other and be okey dokey even! Unfortunately, I'm disallowed heels...crap..... Oh wait....betcha they put the 'heel' inside the shoe and call it an implant!!!! :-/
- I'm going to hurt worse. PT folks are going to pull and push and twist and manipulate so the scar tissue stretches. I hear tell that's a better alternative than having it torn courtesy of the surgeon.
- The ankle will hurt--shorter/longer muscles have to readjust to the new angle. Taping it is an option.
- I CAN walk with one crutch. I'm just chicken about doing that outside of the house and FOR SURE without the brace. Yes, I'll eventually 'get over it'.
- Correcting your stance and putting weight on everything differently means different things will hurt. This morning I can barely stand on the left foot from the pain in the heel. Oh joy! Another bit that creates pain!!!
- When Physical Therapists tell you that you'll NOT like them....you can believe that.......
- ........Which is why they schedule you three times a week....cuz if some is good, more is better. O.H.M.Y.G.A.W.D.D.D.!!
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
And the fog starts to lift......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
"Oh wait....betcha they put the 'heel' inside the shoe and call it an implant!!!! :-/"
HA! Mel, I LOVED that!!!
Sounds like this is going to be learning how to walk all over again, using a new leg. But I have great faith in you (because you're a Libra) that you'll do it with flying colors!
Sending ya a BIG hug of Reiki...
((((((((((((( You ))))))))))))))))
X ya!
P.S. Just remember, if you experience any pain during the PT treatments, breathe INTO the pain because believe it or not, it reduces the pain.
GOOD GRIEF!!!!
you poor woman, you
YIKES
CRIKEY
(think I need to go away and find a better response)
hugs, dearheart
I considered physical therapy as a career once, but I'm too soft-hearted for it. I know me- one tear and I'd stop, apologize, and give them chocolate. :)
Mel,
This is going to be a long adjustment/readjustment period.
It feels like fine tuning. Bit by bit.
Bless you my dear, for getting through it step by step.
P.s. No heels??! You are going to get to know well all of your shoe stores and the vendors! Make it fun; have a girlfriend drive you to town, try shoes and have lunch.
Girl's day out!!
xoxo
Since I have no clue what you look like I got this funny picture of a ladies legs with one foot in a sneaker and another in a high heal red shoe...LOL
I hope as time goes it gets better hon.
PT....planned torture. ;)
All of this sounds painful. I guess you better get all the funny movies from the library...cause you're gonna need to laugh this pain away. Yike!!!
Post a Comment