Friday, December 06, 2013

*sigh*

I've decided I like my PT team.  They're smart, they're interested, they're gabby.  And they point out some things to me that help make sense of this mess.  I figured I'd be doing PT for a bit, given the nature of the surgery and how long I'd been immobilized.  What I didn't count on was this "CRPS" showing up.
I now recognize why it was I could do that intense, all over pain that came with chemo and why it is that I'm feeling like like a whiney baby with this "CRPS" stuff.  With chemo I'd suck it up and deal with it.  And just about the time I was starting to feel better...time to go for another round.  With this deal...there's been no reprieve.  There's no break, no bits of time when it's when it's waning with the hope of it disappearing, no time frame for getting it fixed.  And right now, there's no effective solution.
Small wonder I'm feeling like some nut case whiney baby!

I try to assure the PT folks that I do have good pain tolerance.  Bit difficult to trounce around on a nonunion leg without that.  They assure me they know I do. I wanna make sure they do,  for some weird reason.  It doesn't stop me from feeling like I'm being a whiney baby about this deal.  And it doesn't convince me that I oughta whine about every piercing pain and battery acid on my skin moment I get....though apparently they really do wanna know where the pain is, if it's worse or better yaddayadda....

I did tell'em today when they assured me it was good to report things.

K.
STILL feel like a whiney arse baby.....

5 comments:

Ron said...

It's funny Mel, I have a pretty good pain tolerance as well, however, when it comes to things that have to do with my stomach in any way, I don't do well.

I could take the pain from the tooth abscess I had a few years ago, but if I have any pain in my abdomen, forget it.

Wishing you a peaceful and pain-free weekend, dear lady.

(((((((((( You )))))))))))

X

Valerie said...

I read somewhere that pain was intolerable... to my mind some can, some can't. I hope things get easier for you, my friend.

Bill said...

I just can't see the tern Whiney baby applying to you. Pain can be debilitating yet you are not letting it stop you. You are doing what needs to be done, one step at a time, Inspite of the pain. That sounds more like a hero in my books. It is discouraging when there is no obvious light at the end of the tunnel. It is there just hasn't quite come into focus yet.
"High pain tolerance" is supposedly something I have or so I have been told. Phooey, I say to that. It is more like one of the masks we put on for the world to see. On the inside I am Whiney, crying little baby.
You keep on, keeping on. Our thoughts and prayers are always with you.
Bill and Vi

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Um....I think you have a license to whine all you want. Personally, I think whining makes it feel better...as does giving a report of your experiences to the PT peeps.

Still...I'm praying for the pain to skeedaddle.

Anonymous said...

poor mel...
so whats the difference between a while? and a kavetch?