Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Weather forecaster....

I love a good storm.  I'll race out to an open view to watch it roll in.  I always stand amazed at the phenomenal clouds we get here.  I can find all sorts of stuff on a puffy cloud day, crane my neck to watch thw wispy ones and run for the camera when the ominous ones show up.
But I don't like those sorta clouds at night. I like to see what's coming.  I seem to get this edginess going long before the weather dudes get around to telling us there's an ugly band forming, whatever the hour.
I can feel it somehow.
And I'm thinking I'm now going to add "physically" feeling it before it shows up.
Maybe it's the hardware.  Or maybe it's the fringe benefits of a twice broken leg.
Heaven forbid that it's a sign of old age.  :-/

I ache.  And no amount of slathered on lidocaine is touching it.
Yup...storm's brewing somewhere....

Of course it could be in Utah.  LOL

'Specially given himself, who is NEVER awake in the early morning, just pointed out that my evening's medications are still in the pill holder.
:-/

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Interesting, Mel. My joints really ache when the weather turns bad although with me it doesn't come as a sign. Without fail when the storm starts I say 'so that's why the joints hurt.' It's no doubt caused by the dampness in the air.

Anonymous said...

I almost always get a headache just before a storm rolls in.

I always thought that "feeling it in my bones" stuff was just an old wives tail- turns out to be true!

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

We become human barometers.. my back loves to tell me the weather is degrading (bone surgery does that).
Do you get tornados there.. hope not.

L'Adelaide said...

oh yes, me too... :/

hope you aren't too achey. it's supposed to rain here maybe but i ache like it's gonna storm like mad. oy...

have a good day, sweets. just to let you know i still live. :)

Carol said...

It's caused by a change in the moisture in the air apparently! Was told that my a (ok, have forgotten the name of the actual profession so) bone doctor (will have to do!).

C x