Lots of 'stuff' happens in my life in the course of HOURS--Give it a few days and it's insane to keep track of the comings and goings and doings that make up just a small piece of 'life with Mel'.
Months--holy cow...a whole LOT has happened. LOL Just not much of which I recall, of course.... So, really--not much of importance has happened.
Yaknow.....I'm not sure what, if anything, I've accomplished by taking a hiatus from several pieces of, what used to be, central parts of my routine for a very long time. Maybe nothing was accomplished.
But I don't know that I was trying to 'accomplish' anything.
Yaknow....truth be told, I think the circumstances were in charge of my life more than I was--by my choice, of course. Nothing happens in my world by accident and darn little happens in my life without my permission.
I think it's fair to say I got weary. Still am, some moments. Dealing with chronic pain, chronic lack of sleep and a touch of depression along with some really SCREWED UP thinking--it sorta wears and tears away at you. Or at least it tears away at me.
Heck-- I'm still trying to recover from that broken leg that happened at the end of 2012. I still haven't done it.
No wait....I'm still trying to get the life back that I HAD before the leg broke. I think I'm AS recovered from the broken-ness as I'm going to be.
I don't get to have that life back. I get to move forward with the life I now have, with the circumstances that are now the reality. And really, my circumstances are a whole lot better than some folks I know--a whole lot better than they were before and could be again.
Wow--yaknow....I really do have a good life. Not all my circumstances are the ultimate when it comes to circumstances, but my LIFE is truly awesome.
And....with that--I'm going to get on with what I know to do cuz it's what I know.
Things that make Mel HAPPY!
....Butterfly invasions on the buddleiahs.
....Buying wee stuff for the grandson we're expecting soon.
....The upcoming weekend with the Bug.
....The freshly painted porch.
....Patio swinging with the hummers.
....Skirts on sale..more than one, even!
....Putting himself on the plane to visit his mum.
....Buying lunch for the couple who sat behind us in Cheddars...and the joy on himself's face when we pulled it off. :-)
Life is very, very good INDEED!

8 comments:
I have tears in my eyes. To know you're okay, alive.
I missed you so much.
But I also understand, between the lines so to speak.. your lines and mine.
Big big hug for my dear dear friend. ♥
I'm glad you're back, and I'm glad you're happy. :)
~Thomas/AbbiesTreeHouse
We both whooped with happiness when you left a comment on my blog, Mel. It's good to have you back. We missed you.
ah dear mel, it's so good to read your words again... i hear you between what you say and life has it's way with us... we're not as in charge as we might think or want, for that matter. i am sorry that leg never really got better enough but sometimes.... what to say. we go forward, broken a bit, limping, falling over, fainting(me), stuff like that... accepting it because otherwise, insanity lurks around the bend, no? or deep unhappiness, either way, no thank you... been there, done that.
know how much you are appreciated, dear heart, and that your words that fill this little space have lifted my heart!
xoxox
Things that make atypical happy:
seeing things that make mel happy....make mel happy....
:)
I'm so happy that you're here.
:)
Life IS good!
:)
xoxo
I LOVED reading the things that make you happy. You ALWAYS put a smile on my face and I sense the JOY in your heart!
The first part was tough to read... my heart wanted to believe that when you came "back" that everything would be "normal" again. But, that just isn't God's way is it? Instead He walks with us through the "stuff." This refinement is so difficult... but somehow we're becoming beautiful and pure through it all.
Enjoy those special moments ahead with Bug and the anticipated boy Bug and all your backyard friends and beauties.
Big hugs Mel!
Things that make lots of people happy...
seeing Mel post.
{mel}
Post a Comment