Monday, January 16, 2006

Our Comings Out and Our Goings In---(note to self)


Bless them all, will ya--cuz sometimes that's feeling like it's up for grabs any time I leave my precious little 'kingdom'.

MY kingdom.....

I get razzed about MY kingdom. I go on about not being an entertainer, not being some social kinda gal. "I LIKE my alone time", I profess.

And then I have wiseperson in my life asking me the ever popular question--
"What are you afraid of, Mel?"

Who? ME? Afraid?!
No, no, no.....tired--had my fill of people, thanksverymuch. I DO people for a living, remember?

"What are you afraid of, Mel?"

MY kingdom.
The world to my liking.
My surroundings to my liking.
Comfortability.
Peace.
Serenity.
Control? LOL

Apparently a friendly banter about "I'm not a social person, so if himself wants to have this entourage of folks at the house to look at this train stuff, the PERFECT time to do that is on Tuesdays and Thursday evenings--I'm at work."

"What are you afraid of, Mel?"

*sigh*
I'm sure it has to do with that 'MY kingdom' stuff.
I'm even pretty comfortable 'guessing' that some of it's about the 'exposure' that comes with inviting people IN to 'MY kingdom'.
But what am I afraid of?

People?
Screwing up stuff for the Brit cuz I'm--loveable but weird?
Dunno.....but if I can trust G-d to make sure my comings and goings are what need to happen outside of this 'kingdom'--what's the deal with inviting people 'in'?

I'd rather be resentful....LOL
I KNOW what to do with resentments.
This FEAR stuff is sucky!

No comments: