Thursday, February 02, 2006

Whooooooooooooshhhhh fffttttttttttttttttttttpppppppphhhhh....

I have a great job, dealing with great kiddos and their families. But when they all decide to have a crisis at the same time, it gets a bit---messy. And sometimes that feels mighty out of control to the adults who are trying to help them.

Tonight was one of those times. Kiddos in crisis. And kiddos reacting to kiddos in crisis--which creates MORE crisis.
Enough for one of the supervisors to ring me and say "You remember that offer to come in if things started feeling too 'big'....can I take you up on that?"

What is it that makes all the 'air' go out when one person walks into a room?
Dunno....but I'm clear it happens when some people walk into a crisis........the crisis kinda contains itself and all the air goes whooooooshing out.

Okay, so I ended up with the supervisor asking me, at the end of the evening when I'd tucked all 24 in bed, "How come you can just walk in and stuff suddenly 'stops' and everything just sort of 'evens out'?"

*shrugs*

I told her I've always been one to let air out of balloons--even the really COOL ones people send me for celebrations--I LIKE watching them zip around the room making that fffffffffttttttttttttttttttttppppppptttttttttt noise until they fall to the floor!
Perhaps it's all the practice? LOL

No comments: