
There's a no brainer for ya.
I OUGHTA be embarassed.
And BOY did I wander into a situation TOTALLY unaware........
But I'm feeling a bit smug even if I AM embarrassed.....
So......
The neighbour kiddo came over to sell give a pitch for buying magazines/newspapers--JUST got into middle school and he's already charming people outta money. LOL
As he's printing out the order for the Brit (yep, he's a sucker for little kids selling things!) the kiddo pipes up how we have THE neatest Halloween decorations EVER--so silly me pipes up "yeah, we BEAT YOU this year....ya little cheaters!". (last year they had lights out BEFORE 9/11 for Halloween and flipped 'em on the day after........hence winning the race of the Halloween decorations!)
Well, mom's not putting out decorations this year, says the kiddo.
"Well, why NOT!?" I demanded, reminding him of how much fun he had last year beating US to the punch.
Cuz dad made a crack about mom's decorations last year.
Ahhhhhhh.......
(Oops?)
Try as I might, I couldn't undo that one--so I moved on to X-mas decorations and the great trees that they put out that binky different colours! All WE have is an eight foot snowman (and a few gazillion lights...LOL)
Mom isn't putting out X-mas decorations this year either--not even a TREE.
(Oy.......gimme shoe leather to eat and let's just get it over with already?)
"Well, I'm SURE she'll be changing her mind on that one--who can resist holiday lights."
Wellllllllllllllllllll..........apparently mom can cuz dad made a remark about those, too and she said she's not doing ANY decorations this year AT all.
(is this where I remember if there were fourth of July lights out?....come to think of it.........nope.......there weren't.......)
(G'head....I'd like my shoe leather welldone. )
He tells me HE'S in charge of decorating for Halloween--if there's decorating that's to be done.
Great.
"Wanna help me?"
(no.........but I'd like to whallop the dad along side the head, thanksverymuch!)
"SURE!! Let's GO!!!"
So I went...........and we came up with a whole HOST of ideas!
And then brother came out to help him and everybody got all kinds of excited.
And I went home to eat REAL Hungarian Goulash made by 'im indoors.
Uh huh.......
They're lit up like a runway over there!!
And I am soooooooooooo gonna whap that dad a good one........
Revenge?
*chuckling*
The kiddo's all lit up, ain't he?
1 comment:
good for you
and good for the kiddo for being brave enough to be honest about what's going on in his life
and good for his brother for pitching in
here's hoping you made the kiddos mum smile. . .
(a big one)
and GOOD for the Brit for cooking you dinner!
Post a Comment