Yeah, yeah......so I NEED a list.
WHY I thought I wouldn't need one......dunno.
I do know I'm getting down to the wire and I'm a tad........stressed.
Stressed is a mild word.
I wrapped my head around going, really I did.
I made all the arrangements for work--crossed all the t's and dotted all the i's.
And now I'm toying with plan B in case I just can't bring myself to take off for those three weeks.
YES, I know I have very competent people.
YES, I know it's been two years since I had a 'real' vacation. (apparently extended weekends don't qualify as 'real' vacations?)
YES, I know 'the place will run without me' and nothing's going to fall apart during those three weeks.
YES, I KNOW!
For some reason I'm still anxious about leaving for three weeks and just ambling around the countryside willy-nilly.
I've tried to figure out if it's me without a solid plan that's creating the anxiety. (I don't think so......I kinda like spontaneous stuff...LOL)
I've tried to remember the above 'stuff' and I've planned for it anyway.
Himself is even okay with me making any adjustment so I feel 'okay' about it all.
It's been two years and I probably just need to DO it so I can (re)discover it's just fine TO do it.
*sigh*
I need a list.
I need to get organized and just get in the freaking Jeep and GO.
Once I do that......the rest will probably come, right?
Grrrrrrrr........
What is UP with the anxiety though??
Honest to goodness......I'm REALLY not the anxious sort!
LOL Noone's EVER confused me with an anxious person! LOL
5 comments:
I always travel with a laptop...just in case they needed me.
three weeks...how much fun will that be..anxious? who is anxious?
Mel, make your list, tell yourself one more time that they will survive without you and ENJOY yourself!! You and the Brit deserve and I just know you are going to have oodles of fun! Can't wait to read of your adventures *hugshugshugs*
From my perspective... people can become addicted to routines.
Do you have a list of all the lists you have? C;)
anything that breaks while you're gone you can easily fix when you get back, it's only three weeks.
You, and everyone at work will be just fine but what about US? You can't go away and leave us bloggers without the love and the bubbles!!
I hope you have a beautiful time - you deserve it. (When are you going?)
Much love and many hugs,
PLU
Post a Comment