Thursday, November 08, 2007

*sigh* TFTD twisted and contorted.......

To thine own self be true.
A grounding statement for those of us who get caught up in the storm of needs and feelings of others.

Listen to the self.
What do we need?
Are those needs getting met?
What do we feel?
What do we need to do to take care of our feelings?
What are our feelings telling us about ourselves and the direction we need to go?
What do we want to do or say?
What are our instincts telling us?

Trust them - even if they don't make sense or meet other people's rules and expectations.
Sometimes, the demands of other people and our confused expectations of ourselves - the messages about our responsibilities toward others - can create a tremendous, complicated mess.

We can even convince ourselves that people pleasing, going against our nature and not being honest, is the kind, honest thing to do.

Not true.
Simplify.
Let go of the confusion.

By honoring and respecting ourselves, we will be true to those around us, even if we displease them momentarily.




Somehow I think there's a different meaning to this reading than the one I'm twisting it into.

Bet me that the fairies weren't telling me to 'go forth to and conquer'. LOL

What do we need?
Are those needs getting met?
What do we feel?
What do we need to do to take care of our feelings?
What are our feelings telling us about ourselves and the direction we need to go?
What do we want to do or say?
What are our instincts telling us?

I'm thinking the piece I'm missing is the requirement of an HONEST, SELFLESS assessment of that first question.
Cuz if that first question is answered with "To win the lottery" (which was my answer, go figure....LOL) it's ALL downhill from there.......

And people wonder why wisepersoninmylife prays for G-d to remove my brain.....

6 comments:

katherine. said...

By honoring and respecting ourselves, we will be true to those around us, even if we displease them monumentally.

Oh WAIT…that said momentarily….whoops.

(I thought winning the lottery was rather a nice answer.)

Fire Byrd said...

Then wisepersoninyourlife isn't very nice, cause i really like your brain and the way it flits like a butterfly.
hugs
pxx

mig bardsley said...

I feel sure the fairies were telling you to go forth and conquor actually :)

mig bardsley said...

conquer?
conker?

I, Like The View said...

oh, am I struggling with this one right now

*penny drops*

ah! that explains a lot. . .

thank you

RubyShooZ said...

This is another one I want to save and use some day...please?

Peace.

~ RS ~