Monday, March 22, 2010

Fairy Thought


Taking other people's wants and needs into consideration is an important part of our relationships. We have responsibilities to friends and family and employers. We have a strong inner responsibility to be loving and caring. But, people-pleasing backfires. Not only do others get annoyed with us, we often get annoyed when our efforts to please do not work as we planned.

The most comfortable people to be around are those who are considerate of others but ultimately please themselves.

5 comments:

I, Like The View said...

yes - it's so obvious, but so easily overlooked

Vi said...

That dang fairy is always right!

Ron said...

Alleluia!

I LOVE this because it's soooo true.

"The most comfortable people to be around are those who are considerate of others but ultimately please themselves."

Thank you fairies!

And thank you, Mel!

Hope you having a faaaabulous Monday!

X

Spadoman said...

Yep, that's the way to do it. I wonder who is sick of me. I better l;ook at who I'm sick of and see if I'm like them. LOL

Thanks Fairies and you too, Mel.

Peace.

mig said...

Nice. Sensible. I like it.