He gets upset and worried when I don't tell him what's happening--
And he gets mad that asking me upsets me so much that I'm reduced to tears.
Sounds like a lose/lose proposition to me....mostly cuz it is. Don't bring it up--he gets worried and wierded out. Bring it up--I get upset and he gets mad that he's upset me.
Yup.
Pretty much lose/lose...
But I got the rest of the fresh mushrooms as a consolation/peace-keeping prize.
So it ain't all bad, right?
Why does this feel so familiar?
Cuz I've been here/done this...
I felt compelled to keep my mouth shut and deal in the facts 'Jack' when it was leukemia and people around me were going to worry/be upset. I got to help 'em feel 'okay', or at least 'okay-ER' about it because I had myself emotionally 'in order' and I wasn't falling apart mid-sentence and adding to the emotional mess they were experiencing....and here I am doing it again.
Nope--it's not leukemia....but it's that same 'pull' in me to 'make it easier' for the people around me by having my own poop in a group....
I need to get it in a group FASTER than it's happening....cuz this is NOT working......
But the fresh mushrooms are great!
Just sayin'.....
5 comments:
I hear what you are saying about making others feel OK-er. Been there done that, at least my daughter has with her cancer and I did it on her behalf ...it's a real hard one.
Thank goodness for the fresh mushrooms.
Take care.
((((mel))))
I hope the poop gets gathered soon. I'm thinking it'll be better for you and himself when you let him in.
xo
(((( Mel )))))
X
As usual, I am confused. But I get the idea you have something on your mind. I hope it gets resolved in a good way. I send the good energy your way for Peace.
erm, so let's hear it for the mushrooms - right?
hugs, dearheart
Post a Comment