She clearly didn't intend to run into me--there was that 'deer in the headlight' look when I turned to the car and pointed. Yeah, bad habit--I need to quit pointing....
I didn't even get the chance to greet her when I opened the car door.
I got warp speed babbling, very few words of which I understood, that's how fast she was trying to talk and shovel the crap.
I got warp speed babbling, very few words of which I understood, that's how fast she was trying to talk and shovel the crap.
I had to kneel down and just take my number and stand in line...trying to listen as she babbled on and on.
And then she paused, told me she was clean and introduced me to the driver and told me how they were helping her.
Great. Please know you have permission to kick her ass should what she told me be a bunch of BS. Of course I mean that figuratively.
And then she paused, told me she was clean and introduced me to the driver and told me how they were helping her.
Great. Please know you have permission to kick her ass should what she told me be a bunch of BS. Of course I mean that figuratively.
And then I looked at her and said it.
I care about your life. You matter to me.
Other people care about if you show up to do your job, if you treat them with kindness and regard--and the only thing I care about today, at this given moment....is your life.
Your LIFE.
Not what clothes you're wearing.
I care about your life. You matter to me.
Other people care about if you show up to do your job, if you treat them with kindness and regard--and the only thing I care about today, at this given moment....is your life.
Your LIFE.
Not what clothes you're wearing.
Not who you're hangin' out with.
Not whether or not you owe me ten bucks....
I care about your life.
I watched her as she started crying, assured her that she didn't have to do this alone, and asked her to come sit with me a bit and have a cup of coffee or a sandwich--anything. Five minutes of her time was all I wanted. I'd even buy.
Too busy.
Too busy.
Places to go, things to do.
Wiping away tears--the gal she was with told me she was taking her home with her, that she'd talked her into going with her and that she was going to help her.
I gave her my number--
Wiping away tears--the gal she was with told me she was taking her home with her, that she'd talked her into going with her and that she was going to help her.
I gave her my number--
If she needs some of my time.
If she needs someone to remind her of what's good and true about her...
If she needs another voice saying to her 'You're WORTH it.....'
Call me.
I got a hug from the crying one.
I closed the car door.
I'll wait.
And I'll hope for the phone to ring.
5 comments:
hugs
wow.
Yeah, Mel, a good dose of love is hard for someto accept.
Sometimes that's all we can do. I had a meeting last night. I missed last week 'cause I was in Atlanta. It was good. A new face. We all told her the same thing, that we are here and will be when she needs us. Of course she doesn't know she does yet, but we need her, just like maybe you needed to see the babbling one and her tears.
Peace
I bet she'll call.
You're a good soul, dear lady!
(((( Mel ))))
X
Post a Comment