He called me frantic yesterday.
His child was at the dorm--and he had watched the tornado as it was being televised, creating destruction and devastation. A mile wide--there was warning. But there was no place to go.
None.
She was fine.
Physically fine.
I suggested he might want to bring her home.
He was convinced she was fine. She'd said so.
Six dead--storm had passed.
All was well.
He'd talked with her--she was fine, no worries.
No worries......
And tonight--she's coming home.
Three of her sorority sisters are missing.
It's now into the hundreds, the loss of lives.
She left the safety of her sorority dorm and discovered what the reality was.
She's coming home......changed.
She needs the safety and security and warmth of home.
But she is changed forever.
I pray for those forever changed.
Thank you for taking such good care of her.
Amen.
6 comments:
I'm so glad she's safe. It must've been awful, for all of you.
Horrifyingly awful.
I'm also glad she's coming home.
Hugs.
OMG...how devastating and scary, Mel!
I'm soooooo glad she's safe.
And you're right, something like this changes someone forever.
Yes, thank you for taking such good care of her.
Amen.
X
Oh my goodness, she'll need some looking after. And I'm guessing she's going to the right place....
xx
Wow, what terror. I can't imagine. It's fascinatingly horrifically beautiful to watch a tornado on tv when you don't know someone in the area, but to think of all the people hurt and affected...beyond sad.
Mel, I simply cannot imagine...from any angle, person or point of view. The terror is unimaginable. Thankfully this young woman is home - not only for her safety, but for the comfort of all in her life.
Such an appalling event. I'm so glad to learn of one, at least, who has survived and so sad to hear about all the others.
Post a Comment