Some days you do the intervention, some days the intervention does you......
I've been watching it destroy long term friendships.
I've been watching it divide a family.
I've been watching it destroy human beings, physically and emotionally.
I've watched the spiritual slip out of their grasp as they shake their fists.
I've watched mothers lie and sisters divorce themselves.
I've watched....waited....told truths and stayed out of the way.
It's what I do.
It's what I'm charged to do.
It's what I can do today........
They beg.
They plead.
They get tearful and angry and grieve what once was.
They want it back.
They want it done.
They want it over.
They want a guarantee.
Tired of lies, they buy the next set offered up because they want hope.
And it just does what it does........
........divides........conquers.......
.........wins?
We don't always get what we'd like, when we'd like it--as we'd like it.
Intervention done.
Another page.
Another choice.
Another day........
3 comments:
Bless you, Mel, for being there for these people because I know just being 'present' gives them tremendous support and strength.
(((((( You ))))))
X ya, dear lady!
What bothers me is the vernacular we use to talk about the hard work of intervention, or actually, the hard work of anything. We use that word "win". Even you put it as a question when you said, "....divides....conquers....wins?"
Does anyone ever win, or is it even a contest where a winner has to be picked? just wonderin'
It's all pretty hard to do from either side and i don't envy what you've chosen as your work.
Sending the best.
Peace
Hi Mel,
You are doing your good and helping others sort our their mess.
Not everyone can do that.It takes courage and a level head.
Bless ya :).
Post a Comment