Tuesday, December 11, 2012
QOTW
So, whatever holiday you might be celebrating, what are some traditions you have?
Hmmmmmm...we have traditions?
I'm thinking real hard here for a "tradition"......and not experiencing a whole lotta luck.
What do I do every year at this time of year--over and over and over again.
I make some things?
We make holiday cards to send out to the folks we know.
We take homemade goodies around to the neighbors with pretty things attached.
Homemade 'things' decorate packages.
And 'pretties' get wrapped and handed out.
He deals in the holiday decorating (STUFF everywhere....LOL)--I deal in tying it all together cuz that's what I do.
We wrap a bazillion prezzies for the kiddos at work so the staff don't have to.
He volunteers to ring the bell at the red bucket--I laugh and taunt him and send everyone I know in his direction cuz he looks all sortsa cute in that little elf hat. *laughing*
We insist the Bug not visit on the holiday eve/holiday. And we insist on New Years Eve with the wee thing instead. (safer for everyone!!)
And I light candles. *laughing* It's the only time of year he-who-fears-the-house-burning-down actually feels 'okay' about that happening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
well, will try a small comment since google doesn't like me anymore and loses them.
you make me laugh with your stories of he who...:) and sounds like a wise idea with the new years rather than the other...my choice as well but they've just left so will just be us mice this year...quiet and nice. tho i always miss them if i let myself.
xoxoxo
Hi Mel,
Homemade foods or items is a beautiful tradition!
Just like making bug a prat of NY Eve with all the fun!!
I don't have any classic holiday traditions per se. But... since we were gifted two of Nan Nan's plates(paternal granny)in 2006, we use them Thanksgiving & Christmas.
Extra special for me :).
Traditions...erm....*thinks*
Well, we have a good natured argument about what order the decorations go on the tree (I say tinsel then lights....he says lights then tinsel...we've been doing this every year for about 10 years!), we have the 'what do you want for Christmas?' 'I don't know' conversation, Christmas eve is spent cooking together (Chris = starter and me = desert) and drinking wine, then on the day itself we have champers with smoked salmon and cream cheese for breakfast and just spend the day pleasing ourselves. Magic :-D
C x
Post a Comment