Wednesday, September 21, 2005

I went to the doctor and the doctor said---

NO more monkey's jumping on the bed!

Okay, so I know too many children songs. LOL

Actually, I went to the doctor and the doctor said I had three options. I could get pain killers and do exercises--which wouldn't actually treat the problem. OR I could get an epideral and steriod injections--which, again, wouldn't actually treat the problem. OR I could let a neurosurgeon do what they do well--make a small incision and do microscopic surgery to remove the bone that's pushing on my nerve, repair damage to a disc and be out of commission for 7-10 days with a six week return to normal activities expectancy.

Huh.
Treat the symptoms or treat the problem.
Hmm......gee......

With THIS history of treating symptoms and hoping the problem would just go AWAY--don't THINK I didn't have that moment of pause while I considered the lesser of the evils. Cuz I did.

I did tell him it wasn't in my best interest to treat the symptoms cuz the problem would still exist and we discussed a date for surgery.
Duh me--I suggested the end of the month (meaning October) and he concurred and set the date for the 26th.....only, he was talking SEPTEMBER--as in NEXT Monday.
No, no, no.....I have too many things to do, too much stuff going on right now!

I'm having surgery on Monday--he simply stated that the other problems which stemmed from the back problem weren't best 'put aside' for a month. It's already BEEN a month and nothing's improved.

He had a point.
I've gotten the MRI done. I did the EKG today. I did the labs today. And tomorrow I have the pre-op physical. Friday I speak with the anesthesiologist. And Monday, off I'll go!
Now.....the Brit's a bit worked up about it. WHY, I do not know. Fear, I'd suppose.

I'M more concerned about what in the world I'll find to keep myself SANE for that week to ten days when I'm forbidden to go to the work unit. I'll go nucking futz if I have to do nothing--which is what the Brit will enforce. Which I why I assured him that he could take Monday and Tuesday, if that worked for him--but to not go any further than that cuz I'm a sucky patient and he's NOT going to want to have to be around all that if it's not absolutely necessary....LOL
And it won't BE necessary!
..oh BOY will I make SURE it won't be necessary..LOL

This oughta be fun! LOL

No comments: