Friday, September 02, 2005

It's Official--I'm buried!

Yep---and it's cuz I refuse to do what's convenient, and I don't BELIEVE folks actually wanted me to do what was convenient versus what was right. Well, I DO--but I don't....LOL

And now I have staff members who hold their breath when I ask someone to come to the office---AGAIN! LOL HOW is it you can work and work and WORK to let folks know how appreciated they are--and that all goes out the window when you get to let a couple people go. *shaking head* BACK to the drawing board and MORE work on letting folks know what an awesome job they do.

Just don't lie to me, please. See, you're responsible to TEACH kiddos 'right things'. And you're not going to be effective if you lie to me or other grownups or the kiddos. And if you're not going to be effective and DO those things you're teaching and holding kiddos accountable TO do, you're not going to remain. It's just that simple. Professionally, it's referred to as 'parallel process'. I call it 'right is right no matter what size'. Big people, little people--somethings just are 'right' no matter the size. Don't demand the kiddos do something you're not willing to do yourself. Being an adult does NOT make you exempt! Sheeeshh.....

Sure it's convenient to keep someone who's lied and broke the rules so folks can have time off and 'bodies' will be in place--THIS is the message I wanna give the adults? No--thanks, I think I'll pass. I will NOT endorse wrong actions cuz it's convenient. Fact is, I'll show up and do what needs done so you know that. It's MY integrity with folks. I won't ask people to do what I'm not willing to do myself. *sigh*

And now folks are back to being a tad nervous. *sigh*
I am NOT a scary person!
Okay, okay...I CAN be a scary person--but I've worked hard to be more approachable. And my secretary even SAYS I'm much, much less intimidating than I was last week...LOL (she's a smartie and I love her to bits!)
I'll have time to work on that one--and plenty of exposure with the staff, cuz I'll be working all weekend! LOL
And we'll have FUN too, dangit! LOL

2 comments:

Pseudo-intellectual lunatic said...

your blog is awesome

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.