*sigh*
I miss Leroy. He was the bestest neighbour.
There's been no porch sitting, no lemonade drinking, no tales of masonry or fishing. Instead--there's his kiddo who's decided to remain. What little I know of Paula, she's a nice woman. The stories Leroy shared of her spouse, who she was separated from at the time of his death--I know Leroy didn't think kindly of the man. More than that, he refused to have the man in his home. That happened when the man hit his daughter more than once. However, Paula and her husband reconciled and he's living in the house today......along with their two sons, or is it three? The influx of teenage kiddos to the house is so great, that's hard for me to know. Paula's been pretty secluded from the rest of the neighbourhood. I think we've endorsed that--first out of respect for the family's loss, and then out of fear of the unknown. I know I've not visited the house since Leroy died.
I do know there's now four dogs where there used to be Annie.
It's all changed.
And when I'm sitting in my livingroom in silence I'm privy to bits of conversations that include swearwords too numerous to count. These teenagers need some work in expanding their vocabulary. And frankly, I'm not impressed. Himself is even LESS impressed. He becomes irritated that parking in front of our home to have their conversations is happening. Sometimes I'm holding my breath cuz I'm not convinced he won't step out and have a few words with the kiddos--and I'm sure they wouldn't be kindly words.
I'm almost convinced they'd stare at him blindly--probably wouldn't understand a darn word that he was saying! LOL
Yep--it's a changed neighborhood.
We knew that would happen.
And I do so miss porch time with lemonade and stories of masonry adventures.
I miss Annie.
And the new puppies---scare me.
No comments:
Post a Comment