
That wonderful coffee pot--ya know the one himself broke and we replaced over the weekend?
It makes GREAT coffee.....
And it beeps.
Did I mention that the coffee pot beeps?
It does.....five times when the coffee's brewed, three times when it's about to shut itself off cuz it's been sitting there for two hours and it thinks you really don't wanna drink coffee that's been hangin' around for two hours. Apparently it says so on the box.
Who freaking reads the box?!!!
Now, this isn't an all bad thing.....this beeping function.....
'Cept you probably oughta be TOLD the pot beeps, dontchathink? 'Specially if you don't read the box and just look at the pictures.....which is how I operate........
Otherwise you end up looking stupid.....which I did.......
'Specially when it's YOU who's going through the coat closet, looking for that watch that you KNOW has to be stuck in some coat pocket, beeping cuz the alarm's been set. *rolling eyes*
Which is exactly where himself found me this morning..........looking for some nonexistant digital watch.
"What ARE you doing?"
Looking for the watch.
"What watch?"
The one that keeps going off in the morning. The darn thing went off yesterday--and again this morning. Didn't you hear it?
"No dear. I didn't hear a watch going off. I DID hear the coffee pot though......"
Yeah, yeah..........it's a burp and puke kinda pot--but it makes GREAT coffee!!
*BEEP BEEP BEEP*
(This is when I straightened up, pulled my head from the coat closet, and glared at the firstthinginthemorning coffee pot.)
"Your coffee pot will be turning itself off now, dear."
....bite me...........
7 comments:
Mel! I just put 2 and 2 together and finally arrived at 4... Mel! As in MEL Mel, the Mel that I know and love!
Anyway, I hope it is okay that I've found you, and I'll go away if you'd like, but you're most certainly welcome to visit my site! I spend very much more time there than I do at the place you know me from :) (Do you, in fact, even know who this is?)
I can't believe how long it took me to realize...
ummm, i read the box.
I prefer to think of myself as vague in an endearing sort of way rather than stupid.
There's something in opur kitchen that beeps irregularly and I still haven't worked out what it is. Especially as sometimes it's the dog asking me if I'll ever take him out.
Oh now BBE--that's LOOKING stupid, not BEING stupid.
But I'm stealing the 'vague in an endearing sorta way'....LOL...it'll work well for me!
And Angela--you're always welcomed. Any time, any where. *huge hugs to you*
BTW--'bite me' a term of endearment---JUST so ya know..LOL
it's such a relief to know that someone else doesn't read the box (mind you, I dn't read the packet, the recipe or the instruction manual!)
glad it makes good javva tho!
I think we bought the same coffee maker.
Mom read the "other person's opinion" so I knew to expect the beeping.
Post a Comment