
Here is an exercise.:
Today let someone give to you.
Let someone do something nice for you.
Let someone give you a compliment or tell you something good about yourself.
Let someone help you.
Then, stand there and take it.
Take it in.
You are worthy and deserving.
Do not apologize.
Do not say, "You shouldn't have."
(Do you feel guilty, afraid, ashamed, and panicky yet?)
Do not immediately try to give something back.
Just say, "Thank you."
~~~~~~~~~~
ACK!!!!!!!
.....k........I suck at 'receiving'.
Makes me.....uncomfortable.
Toys don't make me uncomfortable!
Gimme toys!
.....k.......ready, set.......(please let it be toys...LOL) GO!!!!!!
5 comments:
I have written about this discomfort at receiving before. It is definitely hard. Good luck and God bless you as you work on this today!
The thing about being given compliments is that the person who is giving them is as uncertain as you and is only offering you their hand in friendship.
therefore when we hook into dismissing them, 'oh this old dress' type comment you are rejecting their need to be friends with you.
So don't!!!
I think you are lovely, so live with it.
(((((mel))))
px
I've just done the opposite, gave compliments to a friend is feeling down. Hopefully it's made her feel a little better.
maybe....I'll think about it....I'm not promising anything...
I have waited all day long... and nothing. Oh, wait, that is not true. I got a little peace and quiet. It wasn't for long, but I snatched it up like you wouldn't believe. C;)
Post a Comment