Oh, the adventures my brain gets me into. LOLI went to buy another memory card for the camera.
First of all, I got called "ma'am".
Ma'am!!?!
(I was gracious and didn't drop kick the fella who apparently thought he was being polite and helpful.)
He tried hard to not laugh when I showed him my memory card.....and promptly suggested that my camera MIGHT be a bit "outdated".
(He was alive when I left the camera deptment--but just barely.....)
First of all, I got called "ma'am".
Ma'am!!?!
(I was gracious and didn't drop kick the fella who apparently thought he was being polite and helpful.)
He tried hard to not laugh when I showed him my memory card.....and promptly suggested that my camera MIGHT be a bit "outdated".
(He was alive when I left the camera deptment--but just barely.....)
Sheeeeeeeeeeeshhh...."ma'am" AND "outdated" from the same fella...
He's lucky he's still breathin'......
And DID they have a memory card?!?
Nope.
...k.....I take that back---they had LOADS of memory cards. Gigabytes of memory.
Lemme give you a clue......my memory card (bit like my brain....LOL) holds a whopping 120somethingorothers.
Stop laughing.
If the fella who called me "ma'am" could keep it together with just a smirk, so ought the rest of the world!
Nope.
...k.....I take that back---they had LOADS of memory cards. Gigabytes of memory.
Lemme give you a clue......my memory card (bit like my brain....LOL) holds a whopping 120somethingorothers.
Stop laughing.
If the fella who called me "ma'am" could keep it together with just a smirk, so ought the rest of the world!
Sooooooooooo.......no memory card for the camera.
....k......it takes 75 photos and we'll be on the road for six days at a stretch.
Oh, c'mon....what're the odds that I'm gonna take a mere 75 photos in six days?!
We're going through New Mexico and Arizona--Painted Desert and Petrified Forest and all that jazz......oh--and the Grand Canyon. And whaddabout the Mountains on the way back?!
75 photos for six days?!
*sigh*
So he wanted to show me new cameras, that little "ma'am" fella.
Cuz my camera is "outdated".
Okay, so I mighta been sulking.
I didn't WANNA look at cameras....I WANTED a memory card.
So I bought a laptop instead.
Yep.
Went for a memory card, brought home a laptop.
Go ME!!!
But when himself got home he couldn't quite figure out how another laptop solved the camera problem.
Well.........geeze......it doesn't take a rocket scientist!
Simple.
I can't lug the 'spensive one out into the desert and across the mountains!
"Pardon?" (he's so polite....LOL)
Geeze, follow along with me---the inexpensive laptop can go in the Jeep so I can download photos to it in the middle of the desert if I wanna---and viole'(!!!), I can take MORE pictures!
That little laptop has a whole 100something gigabytes of memory!
That's a whole LOT of photos!!!!
Woooooohooooooooo for ME!!!!
:-D
"Only your little brain could have come up with that......"
:-)
I'm thinkin' I'm taking that as a compliment.....
6 comments:
LOL...well, that's ONE way to solve your dilemma. Probably the most expensive way possible ... but it'll work. ;) I hope you have a wonderful time & am glad to have been a bit of oasis of calm for ya on my blog. :)
Ohh Mel, why didn't you just buy a new camera? There's a slight chance it could have been cheaper than buying a laptop, LOL. Though I have to admit, I was totally following your thought processes for buying the laptop. I knew exactly how it would solve your problem :) *hugs* When do you leave?
oh geez...he called you "ma'am"??
I think this is a perfect solution...does the new laptop have the thingie so you can post while on the road?
I love the grand canyon....are you going by Bryce and Zion as well?
Ohwow! So it'll be desert blogging then? And petrified blogging and Grand Canyon blogging!
And obviously a new laptop is the only possible solution. (mind you a spare camera might have been good)
SPARE CAMERA!!!!!
Mig, you ARE a genius!
*chuckling*
I wonder if there's time to go in search of a spare camera....
I wonder if I'll be too drained to blog.....
Oh, bother....too much wondering! LOL
Go Girl...
Exactly what I would , I mean have done.
You are going to visit places I can only look at pictures of. I need more pictures.
I took advice from a young gentleman in a pet store. I live with the advice of a "man" younger than a pair of tights(pantyhose) I have in the back of a drawer to this day.
The young lad called me madam and I think that threw my judgement.
Please share your pix with us.
Post a Comment