k........I'm irritated.No.
Lemme say that differently.
I'm pissed off.
There's so few things that I really, truly enjoy eating.....
Good, crusty bread is one of 'em.
And I love pasta.
OMGosh do I love pasta.
And today doc talked with me about eliminating both of those from my diet.
'Cuse me?
Yup. Lay off the gluten.
k...what in the hell is gluten?!
Oh....it's that 'stuff' that's in wheat flour that's creating a problem with my ability to absorb nutrients into my body. It's that 'stuff' that's apparently messin' with my system and has helped to create a weight loss that's scared even me.
"Your body is eating itself" says the good doc.
THAT really pissed me off.
*sigh*
So, I get to figure out how to do a different diet.
NOT that I'm prone to eating whole bunches of anything right now.
But pasta and breads?
Wheat products of any kind?
Oh.....no worries....I can have all the rice and veggies I could possibly want for!
*sigh*
k.......
I wanted an answer to the problem!
They're saying this is potentially the problem --and this is the solution for that.
I wanted a pill to fix it.
THIS........is a bitter one to swallow........
Fine.
I'll DO different.
But I ain't gonna like it.
OMG.......no breads or pasta!!!k.....
I can do this.
I can.
Even if I don't wanna.....I can.......
O
M
G
!
!
!
I'm sure he's made a mistake or I misunderstood.....
Yep.
I'm sure that's it........
O
M
G
16 comments:
My wife came down with the same problem. Look to a strict diabetes diet for help. More protein. I really do hope it helps.
Oh, no, Mel! No bread? No pasta? That’s ghastly! I don’t know what I would do—I love both, especially hard rolls!
OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG!
I FEEL for you Mel, because like YOU...I LOVE pasta and bread!!
OMG...OMG...OMG...OMG!
I had a friend who was told the same thing, and believe it or not, after some time...he really stopped craving it.
So there IS hope, Mel!
I'll be sending you LOTS of "good energy" to help you, ok?
You can do this.
You can do this.
You can do this.
oh
ouch..
a gluten free diet?
Oy veh!
here's a pat pat pat
poor baby
oh
poor baby
that sucks.
I have a bloggy friend who's daughter has celiac disease and has to eat gluten free. I bet I could get some good recipes from her. She is always making yummy things for her daughter.
Do you want me to check it out?
There is gluten free bread, and I guess if you have no choice then even that will be ok in the end!
xx
thank goodness they didn't say "no popcorn"
and I do so hope that they have gotten to the bottom of your losing weight issue now. . . you'll find yummy things to eat still. . . you will. . . you will. . .
hugs, dearheart, lots of gentle soft cuddly hugs
XXX
Rawr.
RAWR!!
*sigh*
Nah.....THEY didn't rule out popcorn. *I* had to when it became apparent it wasn't a good plan, today.
But!! Corn is one of those things I'll still be able TO have.
Which is good.
At some point......soon, I hope....
RAWR!!
*sigh*
And MaryLue--as soon as I find some acceptance of the circumstances, I'll be open to options.
At this moment my option is to whine and 'rawr' about it. LOL
But thank you.
I suspect I'll be taking you up on the offer......JUST as soon as I stop 'rawr'-ing. :-D
I understand. I'm the same way. Rawr away.
Also, check WebMD for glutton-free diets, after you're through RAWRing, naturally.
You could have one last goodbye. Or would that make it worse?
HEY - - here's a site I found for a friend with some wonderful recipes.
http://glutenfreegoddess.blogspot.com/2007/01/flourless-chocolate-cake_11.html
I've made the cake that the link is directly to - it was amazing! You'll find that this woman has a great attitude, advice and I just love her site. LOVE YOU!!!
WHISKEY TANGO FOXTROT
are they KIDDING???
I am trying to think of a day without bread or pasta and I start to hyperventilate....
they have GOT to have a pill.....geeez....
(not much help am I....damn...sorry)
Ahh sweetie, I haven't eaten bread in years. You CAN get used to it.
There are however some good gluten free bread and pasta out there.
xx
Ok, well Katherine said what I've been trying not to say which is WHY I've not written anything yet.. besides the fact I haven't been around much to check in on blogs and such.
But, jeez, mel! This sucks! That's the truth!
But after you get over the pissed-offdedness, I'm sure you'll realize that if THIS is what's been ailing you, it is a blessing. In a great big crusty disguise!
I hope you find new diets that make you feel better and make you happy in your tummy.
((((mel))))
damn!
Oh dear :(
Oh poor dear!!!!
Of course, if it stops you from vanishing down the plughole it's good but still...
.
.
.
.
Oh dear :(
(((((((((((( mel )))))))))))))
Post a Comment