Monday, February 09, 2009

Today's Thought

Your standard of living has very little to do with how much money you make or how many possessions you have.
It depends primarily on the way you choose to live your life in each moment.
Your standard of living is not decided by where you came from.
It is determined by where you choose to go.

5 comments:

I, Like The View said...

exactly. . .

*frowns*

*thinks*


<----- nodding. . .

I, Like The View said...

(easier to agree tho, now plumber and electrician have been, and I had the £s to pay them for fixing the "roof over my head" deal going on here)(which I'm lucky to have)(the roof)

but that's exactly the point, it's not about that stuff. . .

. . .is it

is it?

katherine. said...

I may be broke...but I am rich.

matt-man posted on this too....for two rather diametrically opposed view points you post on the same themes often enough to freak me out.

The CEO said...

It's all in the eye of the beholder. I believe, and really believe that Katherine has it all, because she has what she wants and is happy with it.

If you have the roof over your head, you have something you needed, and can be happy with that and the other things you decided you wanted in your life. It's not the material things, it's the spiritual things you let in that count. It's being vulnerable to others you choose to be vulnerable to. Mel told me that through a bunch of fairys.

Ron said...

I'm a mimimalist by nature, so I've never had MUCH of anything, other than I what is needed.

And I really, really love it that way.

SIMPLE.

XO