Saturday, February 20, 2010

TFTD


Perhaps we need to evaluate our perspective.
Are we trying to control something or someone?
Are we acting as if the world should be as we want rather than as it is?
Have our individual wills exceeded their natural bounds and spoiled the simple joy of being "without a further function"?

May I find the pleasure and exuberance today that come with being alive.
The simple power to be a person is "enough."

4 comments:

Pamela Sweet said...

Control seems to enter the picture, even when we don't think it does. Mel, your TFTD are always excellent reminders.

Unknown said...

I so often find myself feeling I need to learn to look at things from others perspective...especially the people I supervise...





LOL, my verification word is SUPHOO

katherine. said...

Are we acting as if the world should be as we want rather than as it is?


is this a trick question?

mig said...

The world be as it is. I do too. Sometimes there seem to be some minor incompatibilities there. The world doesn't seem to mind.