Monday, June 06, 2011

*limping* Fairy Zinger


There are times when, for no apparent reason or for no good reason at all, people decide that you are not likable. They may even profess to hate you! They will say things to you or about you that will hurt your feelings. Sometimes, they will go out of their way just to be mean and nasty to you. No matter how hard you try to make them like you, they won't! This does not make them bad people. Oh, no! It simply means that they may have "stuff" going on with them that has nothing to do with you. And that will trigger your stuff! That's right! The behavior of the people who don't like you will bring up your abandonment issues. Your issues about being rejected. Your issues about not being good enough, or not doing things right enough. The minute you discover that somebody you think is important to you doesn't like you, all your people-pleasing stuff will be triggered, and you will be forced to deal with it. What a blessing! This is precisely the stuff you need to heal.

Until today, you may have been concerned because you know that there are people who, for one reason or another, just don't like you. Just for today, concern yourself with figuring out why you think they should.

4 comments:

Spadoman said...

I've had this experience. In the old days, it bothered me and I got angry, but with healing came the forgivness and understanding along with the acceptance of that's just the way it is.
What I always really wnated to know is, "Why?"
Curiosity for sure, but if I found out something about myself that I didn't realize, I would consider it and change if I could or thought I should.
Anyway, good subject and good advice.
Thanks!


Peace

mig said...

Well that's an interesting approach.
I never thought of it that way round!

Ron said...

Faaaabulous Fairy Zinger, Mel!

OMG...this speaks VOLUMES to me!

Growing up, it use to bother me so much if someone didn't like me (for whatever reason). But, as I got older, I slowly realized that no matter how I am...some people will like me and other just won't.

EXCELLENT post, dear lady!

And thank you for sharing it!

X

english inukshuk said...

ho ho ho - trust the fairies to turn it on its head

thank you!