Friday, November 25, 2011

Today's Thought


Happiness is a gift that accompanies every instance of our lives if we approach each situation with gratitude, knowing that what's offered to us is special to our particular needs. The experiences we meet day to day are honing our Spirit, tempering our hard edges. For these we should offer gratitude.

Our well-being is the gift. Deciding what will make us happy, in fact, what we must have to be happy, prevents us from grasping the unexpected pleasure of the "chance" events of the moment. When we intently look for what we think we need, we may well be blind to more beneficial opportunities God has chosen for us.

2 comments:

LindyLouMac said...

Lovely words Mel. I have now started a separate photography blog, do hope you will call by. :)

Ron said...

"Our well-being is the gift. Deciding what will make us happy, in fact, what we must have to be happy, prevents us from grasping the unexpected pleasure of the "chance" events of the moment. When we intently look for what we think we need, we may well be blind to more beneficial opportunities God has chosen for us."

That is sooooo true, Mel!

So often I've been blinded by what I thought I needed to make me happy, eventually seeing that what God chose for me, made me MUCH happier!

Amen!

Thank you for sharing this great reminder, dear lady!

X