Tuesday, December 20, 2011

*shaking head*

Okay......make this make sense, Mel.

You've maxed out on paid leave--you donate it to needy individuals multiple times a year and go right back into losing it cuz you don't spend it and take time off.
Do I remember my last vacation? Ummmmm......

I took last Monday off when I had the Bug and the water heater arrived!
Yeah.....not 'zackly a vacation.

So make it make sense.
You don't feel 100% and whaddaya do?

"If you just get up and MOVE, you'll feel better."

I wonder whose voice that is in my head telling me that.
My dad, maybe?

There's truth in that. And I've lived by that line of thinking forever. More times than not, it's turned out to be true. If I sit around focused on how 'uck' I feel, I feel uckier. LOL

On the other hand--sometimes that line of thinking just doesn't work. Not to mention the people around you wanna choke the life out of ya for going anywhere near them.
Oh--and how many times in the past 20 years have you heard "*I* can't afford to be sick--" and out comes the Lysol can.......

Am I up?
Indeed I am.
Will I feel better if I just MOVE?
Could be.

Am I losing paid leave because I've maxed out?
Yup.

Ummmm.......hello?!

Yeah, well......I'll feel better if I just MOVE.
And I have a truckload of things to get accomplished.
Here.... There.....

*laughing*
I'm a dweeb and I love what I do.

And--
If I JUST move--I'll feel better.

5 comments:

Barb said...

Hey Mel,

You sound a lot like me; whatever is ailing me(unless I am KO'd totally), I have to keep the show moving.
No matter how tired, how down...

I have kept a good part of this "pioneer spirit" with me.

Hats off to ya, Ma'am

Marilyn & Jeff said...

Sometimes it is way better to just sit and let things heal. Sending you healing thoughts and best wishes for the holiday season. Enjoy time with your gorgeous little one.
((((Mel))))

mig said...

How about JUST moving as far as the coffee maker. And if that works, JUST moving oh maybe as far as that gorgeous tree.

Probably time you had a little vacation or three. Just so you don't lose the knack of it?

Amy @ Soul Dipper said...

Mel, what do you mean no vacation? And you have no sick days? Something is not clicking for me. What would you tell me if I gave you those two facts? Take care, Friend! You are too precious to ignore or neglect.

Anonymous said...

oh..
at least your moving..
My bubbe use to say " Your a long time still in the grave"
hmmmm