Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Home is good!!

My own bed.
My own pillows.
My own smelly stuff.

Geeze home is a good place to be.
And even if it took me a bit, sleep did come.

Still......it feels bad to be here, separated by miles.
But she'll be okay--BIL is as set as he can be.
And the doctor's appointment yesterday brought good news.
She can begin trying soft foods. And while it'll take a year to completely heal, the arm they took the flap graft from can see daylight sometime next week. That'll help immensely.....she'll be able to do somethings differently.

Ah, but it's good to awaken in your own bed.

And it's good to steal that cuppa French Pressed coffee from himself.....who opened the window to the patio with a laughing "You can be returned ya know!"
*laughing*

Home is good! :-)

6 comments:

Bill said...

Mel my dear friend, my heart just aches as I think of all you and yours have been through. You are all in my prayers. You must be exhausted.
There really is no place like home. You need some "Mel" time to relax, unwind and recharge the batteries. Please give yourslef that time. When you feel up to it your presence is really being missed over at my place.
Be well my friend
Bill

M T McGuire said...

I love your Dr Seuss comment, he was a very smart guy. I just popped over after reading about you on Bill's blog so just to say hello that I hope it wasn't too grim and that the Followers of Bill are thinking of you.

Cheers

MTM

Spadoman said...

I'm smiling because you're smiling.

Peace

Ron said...

"My own bed.
My own pillows.
My own smelly stuff."

You said it, Mel! Nothing like HOME!

And......you OWN French Press!!!

So happy to hear the good news about your sister.

(((( Sister ))))

Yup...home is good!

X ya!

amy@ Souldipper said...

Yes...ditto Bill! Everything he said!

Love you, Mel.

linda said...

I am thrilled to read you are back home in your own comfy surroundings...as dorothy said....

hoping you get plenty of fresh air, rest and coffee! xxx