Friday, April 06, 2012

The laboratory.....



*mmwaaahhhhhahahahaha*

This is just a bit of the project for today.
OMG they went crazy with a couple of really warm days.
I have some separating and transplanting to do!

And those bitty pots--I'm trying a well kept secret.
Does anyone TELL me about stuff like this?! NO.

I learned about rooting hormones while I was at the sisters.
Uh huh.....the sister does it all the time--and it works for her.
Now, granted, I kill things....LOL....mostly inside things.
But outside--they seem to do just fine.
So.

I have scissors.
I have bitty pots.

I have things to take cuttings from. *evil laugh*
What's the worst thing that could happen?!

I could have 15 bazillion bugglia's around the outside of the house?
Yeah, well..if one grows, I'll be amazed.

And pleased.
And obsessed with rooting hormones. LOLOL (GO figure!)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay! what fun :) I don't know what the plants are, but they look like succulents? So glad your sister clued you in on rootone, that's a great method for propogating. I normally just use water, but it takes forever and is not always successful. You are going to be a gardening goddess this summer with this secret weapon!

Ron said...

You GO, Mel!!!!!

You sound like the Martha Stewart of plant growing!!!!

I, on the other hand, have absolutely no gift for growing things - other than my fingernails - HA!

Anxious to see what those adorable bitty pots sprout!

(((( You )))))

X

Valerie said...

Anything to save work is a must for me, or was when I was keen on plant regrowth. I always used water simply because nobody told me about rooting hormone when I needed to know.

Barbara said...

Hi Mel,

I am not such a gardening fan as you but I recognize a good activity when I see it.
Enjoy a relaxing weekend.

mig said...

If some are good, more is better? Sounds like wonderful stuff. I can just imagine your 15 zillion happily rooted everywhere.

amy@ Souldipper said...

There you are being creative again. Who else meditates on a hormone?!

I think you and I may be on par with the green thumb thing. A friend gave me a bush that I ADORE...it turns out the most dazzling mauve blossoms and leaves. I planted it last fall and have been sending it lots of good energy.

I thought it was dead. Yesterday, I went out and discovered dozens of teeny weeny buds on the little branches. I tweeked the dead dry ends, saw how alive it really is and am thrilled to bits.

The same friend called and had to hear all my whoops and hollers!