'Course this wasn't how I termed it for the new boss.
I asked PERMISSION to do some work from the house after several required reports went *POOF* because of (what I'm believing) is a work server issue. Now, I could be wrong about that.....but gee...no issue with that happening from the house.
YES.......issue with it happening MULTIPLE times from the worksite...from the agency's server.
MULTIPLE......it was starting to cost me tooooo many quarters for 'inappropriate language'.
Yeah, well......
I figured I better alert the IT fellas-- and I told 'em "HOUSTON........we have a problem....."
Ummmmmm......both of them were confused by the "HOUSTON" bit.
Should I be rolling my eyes that they had NO clue what that referred to.....or should I just happily celebrate that I was able to do the required things that kept going *POOF* at work...successfully! FINALLY. YIPPEE and WoooooHOOOOOOO!!!!!
Gee.......decisions, decisions.
WHADDA they MEAN they have no clue what "Houston.....we have a problem" means.......
Oybrother...... GOOGLE IT!!
*rolling eyes*
7 comments:
"WHADDA they MEAN they have no clue what "Houston.....we have a problem" means.......
Oybrother...... GOOGLE IT!!"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Mel, that CRACKED ME UP!!!!!
But I'm shocked, how can anyone NOT know what that means?!?!?!?
Glad you got your work done from home, dear lady!
X
P.S. Just noticed your new addition on your sidebar, "Sometimes"
LOVE that, Mel!!!!!
Even I know what 'Houston' is...lol. I've used the expression a zillion times in the past. Was it sooooo long ago that people have forgotten?
Have you realized that the IT folks might be younger then you? Just wondering'.
Mrs. Spadoman had the kind of job that she could have easily worked from home. She asked to do this, but the big boss said, "No". She quit May 31st and its home.
Sure, we miss the income, but we also don't have to pay for gas and all the time driving to and from St. Paul.
Ifb they would have let her do work at home and show up at the office once or even twice a week, she probably would still be there.
Glad you get to work at home if it satisfies you.
Peace
If you told them the problem was about a computer with a brain smaller than an old mobile phone trying to land a spacecraft on the moon? - Oh no, they're probably too young to remember those too!
If they're that young, dear Houston, it means they can probably fix your computer problem in a few seconds! :D
You did NOT just say " google it" did you?
you didn't..
Did YOU!~!!!
Post a Comment