Friday, December 26, 2014

The Snoopy one

I have too much STUFF.  And this is the year we agreed NO STUFF for the holiday.  If something new happens, we toss out the OLD thing it's replacing.  That was the "agreement".  Functional stuff was the goal, and for the most part I think we did okay.  The Sleiff bear and the spirograph don't count.  :-/

Okay, they count, but he-who-tried-hard  did such a good job with the other things.  Getting STUFF from my list was good, but "where's the fun in that" if there wasn't a surprise mixed in....   I can't fuss too much about that.  He done good.

So today's the start of "toss out the old".  Kinda fitting that we agreed "by New Year's it'll be gone".  Out with the old!!
No problem.
I've tossed out my whole shoe collection.  I've tossed out clothes and purses, nick nacks,  kitchen gadgets and stray plates, bowels, and plastic dinnerware.

No problem.

'Cept I know he-who-will-hold-me-to-the-agreement will be going for my Snoopy travel mug.

Not just "A" Snoopy travel mug......but "THE" Snoopy travel mug.  The green one that has Snoopy paddling the canoe.
The one that's got most of the top third of the print scratched off from YEARS of washing it.  (You can still see Snoopy!)
The one that has a big hole and a little hole and comes with a bit of plastic that you turn so you can drink from it.
The kind they don't make any more cuz it's not spill proof or vacuum sealed or from dent resistant metal.
The one that's made from that BAD plastic.....

I've had that sucker THIRTEEN YEARS.  T.H.I.R.T.E.E.N. years.  YEARS.
I know how old it is cuz this is the travel mug I snatched up when he and I visited the Mall of America during one of his last flights over to see me.  It's one I snatched up when I was doing the 'pick up /return' to the international airport.

It's got memories attached to it, dammit!!

K......I'm feeling prepared.

I can try the nostalgic but If that doesn't work......it's plan B.
I can come up with a plan B.
Dumpster dive, maybe?
Oh, I know!!
Hide the cup!!
K....I'll work on plan B....

3 comments:

Ron said...

"Dumpster dive, maybe?
Oh, I know!!
Hide the cup!!"

HAHAHAHAHA! Yes Mel, hide the cup...I agree!

I'm with you, only keep the stuff that has memories attached to them!

X

Valerie said...

Loved this, Mel. It just so happened that I started a big chuck-out this morning so I felt we were kin-bloggers because of it. All the time I kept asking myself 'do I really need this' and mostly the answer was YES. Except the clothes.. get rid of large sizes I told myself. And did, although I felt a trifle guilty, like - what if I put on weight again!

Anonymous said...

Our rule is: every gift has to be perishable or something that gets used up. That still gives us a lot of leeway, since that includes food, soap, candles, stationery,and so on.

We're all grown-ups with money, so we've pretty much got all the Stuff we'll ever need.