Saturday, January 31, 2015

Fairy Thought

Habituation is a falling asleep or fatiguing of the sense of time; which explains why young years pass slowly, while later life finds itself faster and faster upon its course.
–Thomas Mann

Our routines can become so rote that we’re unaware of making choices. Suddenly, we realize we haven’t done many of the things which matter most to us. With this realization comes another: sometimes making no choice is, in fact a choice in the same things, saying the same words, living a copy of the day before — we have chosen to live safely. But we may think, I wish I had…
We don’t have to completely change our lives in order to make better choices for ourselves. All we have to do is see all the choices open to us.
What and how I choose makes every day different from the last.

No comments: