Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Late Night

I love those moments, Mel.....you're in the meeting and they've actually read from the BOOK and you get to share how those two paragraphs changed your life....and you actually get to listen to someone else talk like they MIGHT be getting willing to do some things differently.
(Seriously.....what's up with NOT reading from the BOOK at meetings around here.  And how come when I introduce the concept of maybe that being a good plan people get this deer in the headlights look going on.
Wait.... I know why this IS!!  It's because so few have actually bothered TO read the BOOK!....which, sadly, probably explains a few things....)

Right....sounds like someone MIGHT be getting willing to DO some things different and I, in all my infinite wisdom, offer up PERHAPS they might wanna get lined up with a sponsor that can go through the BOOK with them!!

Shush Mel...SHUSH.
It's scary for someone to get a sponsor.
Maybe they're not ready.

Maybe we just oughta let 'em die from the disease when they don't have to....  Maybe we just keep spending our time making it soft and cooshy for 'em instead of helping them work the steps and see how that turns out AGAIN, shall we?!
Maybe we need to be looking at WHAT FEAR resides inside US that we don't want to reinforce the need to GET sponsored.

*sigh*
Why....WHY is it I kick the soapbox away AFTER I've stood on it and spewed out what shoulda stayed in my brain until I could say what I needed to say in a way that was a tad kinder?
.....oh....cuz then it woulda FELT like I was doing what I was challenging?
*sigh*


"When we retire at night, we constructively review our day. Were we resentful, selfish, dishonest or afraid? Do we owe an apology? Have we kept something to ourselves which should be discussed with another person at once? Were we kind and loving toward all? What could we have done better? Were we thinking of ourselves most of the time? Or were we thinking of what we could do for others, of what we could pack into the stream of life? But we must be careful not to drift into worry, remorse or morbid reflection, for that would diminish our usefulness to others. After making our review we ask God's forgiveness and inquire what corrective measures should be taken.
On awakening let us think about the twenty-four hours ahead. We consider our plans for the day. Before we begin, we ask God to direct our thinking, especially asking that it be divorced from self-pity, dishonest or self-seeking motives. Under these conditions we can employ our mental faculties with assurance, for after all God gave us brains to use. Our thought-life will be placed on a much higher plane when our thinking is cleared of wrong motives."

Yup.....I'll be up a while inventorying THIS one.  *sigh*




3 comments:

Laura~Pretty Pix said...

Kindness comes in many forms
and you, my dear, are a bubble of kindness.. no matter what comes out of your mouth.
You have a purpose on this earth, to be sure.
I might even see a very faint
halo. ♥

Ron said...

Mel, I agree with Laura in her comment. You are a very kind person no matter what or how it comes out of your mouth because I know you speak with the sole intention of helping and supporting. And sometimes, and I say this because I'm the same way, people need to hear things firm and direct in order to move them into action because sweet talk isn't always effective.

(((((( You ))))))

X

L'Adelaide said...

dearest heart.... you do not have a mean bone in that body of yours.... much love to you, just passing by this way to say hello after being gone awhile. xoxox