I had it. Dammit, I had it in writing and I could have walked out with it had I lied. But did I lie, oh noooooooo.....cuz SOMEONE taught me honesty=the lack of intent to deceive oneself or others, absence of the truth is a lie.
And so I told the freaking truth and watched the stupid neurosurgeon cross off the permission to work 'part time as tolerated' as he spoke about HIS truth.
"You get ONE chance to heal. You get lots of chances to go back to work." And that's TEN pounds as a limit for lifting (not 20), and the mile walk ought to be LITTLE increments (not the whole mile all at once), and a bath is okay once a week but shower the other days, and try not to bend, twist or stretch, and do the 'acute' exercises given ON the bed--cuz "You have a hole in your back. And you get ONE chance to heal......"
I know he's looking after my best interest.
I even know he's right.
What I don't know is HOW in the world I'll stay sane for two more weeks of THIS. And after two more weeks of this "Call me and we'll have a conversation about whether you're ready to return to work at 'part time with limitations'."
And top that off with a husband who's gotta see a cardiologist.
I'm gonna be nuts in a few short DAYS, me thinks....
.....maybe even a few short HOURS.....
No comments:
Post a Comment