Monday, August 28, 2006

The girl's idea of buying pressies.....


So I'm in the midst of making dinner (well, not MAKING dinner but putting the plates out so we can EAT the dinner someone else was kind enough TO make--thankyou'him indoors'!) and the girl rings.

"I can't talk long-- Quick......do you have a pod maker?!"
"Excuse me? Where ARE you?!"

"Do you have a pod maker--c'mon mom........it's a simple question!"
"Where are you, why are you asking--and what's a pod maker?!"

"It makes single cups of coffee..........do you have one?"
"Now WHY would I ever make a 'single' cup of coffee."

"So you wouldn't use one?"
"Have you EVER known me to make a SINGLE cuppa coffee during your lifetime....EVER?"

"Guess that means no, huh............dangit!"
"Where ARE you?!"

"You'd never make a single cup of coffee..............ever?..... What if it made espresso, too?"
"Hmmmm..... Ummmmm....."

"Would you use it THEN?"
"Geeze, I get double shots of espresso in my coffee at Starbucks, it only makes ONE?....Are you in Starbucks?"

"MOM!! IT MAKES TWO IF YOU WANT TWO!!!.....WOULD YOU USE IT THEN?"
"You're yelling........."

"YES........ or no....."
"Ummmmmmmmmmmm..........yes?"

"You'd USE it..honest? You'd use it AND you'd like it?"
"Well, LIKING it's a different thing all together............"

"MOM. Would you use it AND like it?"
".......yes?"

"You would?"
"Yep, I'd use it and I'd love it bunches and lotsa."

"Honest?"
"Honest!! I'd use it and love it and probably burn it OUT from using it so much---that's how much I'd love it!"

"Oh good............cuz I just bought one for your birthday..... I just needed to make sure you'd love to have one."
"ABSOLUTELY without a SHADOW of a doubt! GREAT choice!!"

*chuckling*
She's so funny.........and I am, absolutely, without a SHADOW of a doubt gonna love that darn thing! LOL

3 comments:

I, Like The View said...

has it got a steamer for the milk? (if so, remember to sniff the milk first, before you steam it. . .)

when's the big day then? huh?

grrltraveler said...

lol!

she's obviously not very good at keeping secrets. ;)

hugs and birthday wishes,
a

mig bardsley said...

What a fabulous present! What a fabulous girl!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! ((((Mel)))) (whenever it is)