Have you ever just been so overwhelmed by the loving, giving nature of strangers that you get all sorts of weepy?I got home from work today to discover a well chewed up card that the postoffice had stuck into a plastic sleeve for delivery purposes. Bless the postoffices hearts--they even took responsibility and apologized for the state of the envelope.
Inside, a check for the program I work at--for a very sizeable amount. A bit chewed up around the edges--but let me assure you that the card was so mangled that not bothering TO deliver it certainly could have been their option.
I wonder if they have any clue how their willingness to take responsibility for that 39 cents will touch the lives of a good number of children/families?
And that sea of holiday gifts that cover the livingroom floor?
Yes, it's still an utter disaster in there......
And as I'm rooting through bags, separating out gifts into piles and sizes and kiddos--I discover a card stuck in a bag.
"For a family in need from a family who was once in need, too."
A hundred dollar bill.
Forgive me for being sentimental and messy.
G-d bless the folks who have no clue whose life they just made a little lighter.....but who give with every belief that it will.
It will.
1 comment:
you see, that touches not just the family who will physically benefit from the $100, but everyone who read that piece here too
a wonderful reminder of the good things in life
lovely - thank you!
Post a Comment