Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Whole lives.......

I can't do it.

I did it yesterday......and it just plain broke my heart.
I sobbed my heart out last night--I'd avoided doing it yesterday afternoon for as long as I could.....




People's lives stacked on the parking--4,000 homes transformed, whole lives changed....



Yesterday a dad walked into our central office where there's a Red Cross Station set up.
And I watched as he asked one of the gals to please..... take his son.
He told her he just couldn't do it any more.

His son.......
No place to sleep, no means to provide for his son with his worksite destroyed by the same flood that destroyed his home......too proud to ask for help for them both--he asked for someone to just take his son....

I can't go down there.
Doc had at me yesterday because he doesn't want me down there with the bacteria that's rampant--not 'safe' for an immune compromised/deficient person like myself....

I'll hide behind that one and do what I can from where my feet are today.....

But the TRUTH is......
(wax on, wax off.......)

It's too hard on my heart.

I can't do it.




I just can't do it.

9 comments:

katherine. said...

okay.

this one tugged at my heart.

and to think this man is just one story...and there are thousands.

I watched a news clip where they tested the sludge that was left in the wake of the floods...yes dear one...stay away...even if it serves another purpose to do so.

there are other ways you can help...but you know that already...

Sorrow said...

sniff
*
face wet..
*sniff*
(((((MEL)))))

Kathryn said...

Thinking of you.

((((Mel))))

Dash x

I, Like The View said...

hugs, dearheart - you stay right where you are, stay safe and rest up

I know you'll be doing as much as you can in whatever you can, and your much is probably a whole lot better than a lot of other people's 100%

trust me on that, I know I'm right

you take it easy

please

there are a lot of folks who need you around for a very long time to come

(me included)

I hope that Brit is looking after you

XXX

Kelly said...

Words are few, but heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you all, to uplift and strengthen in such tough times.

Gordie said...

Oh, what a thing to be part of. But it is something mighty and large, and other people are suffering, and you are one of the fortunate ones who was spared the worst.

Just do whatever you can. (Cuz you can, can't ya?)

mig bardsley said...

Oh Mel, we all know you'll give the best you can and it will be more than most.
But I'm with the doc - do what you can from a safe place. Because they need some of the best people working from behind the scenes as well as in the mud. You'll be needed wherever you are.
And mind and look after yourself too.
(((((Mel))))

Ron said...

Please know that I will be sending MUCH energy to this.

Take good care of yourself, dear lady.

((((((MEL))))))

Mel said...

(((((((( dash )))))))))))

:-)