Literally.
None.
Folks at work told me it was going to be a very 'nice and quiet' day at work--ha!
<-- made answers on notecards
Yes, thank you.
No, thank you.
Have a seat, please.
Please speak with another staff member.
Good morning
Good afternoon
Good evening
(pick one)
AND--
Ha. Ha.
Very funny.
There was a need to invent a few more during the course of the day--however, I won't share those here.
<-- not up to incriminating herself at this moment
They came in handy when the boss came to visit the unit today.
"It'll be a short conversation. I'll talk, you'll listen."
Guess which card got used for THAT one--the smartie pants.....
And lemme tell ya--notecards do not work when you're on the phone.
AT all.
So I had a random child or two do my answering for me, when possible.
And, of course, himself just had the privilege of doing that for me when someone from work rang for administrative approval. I'm on-call 24/7 dontchaknow....
And he-who-thought-it-conducive-for-a-quiet-evening-at-home and felt compelled to make the remark?!
<-- would snicker but has no voice
I DO hope the on-call cell phone doesn't ring at 1a.m.
Oh dear--what a shame that would be.........
:-/
5 comments:
Aw shucks, Mel...sorry to hear about losing your voice.
A woman I work with lost hers a few weeks ago and the doctor told her it had to do with allergies.
Anyway, I hope you don't get a call at 1am. But if you do, just breathe heavy - HA!
Take care, dear lady!
Sending ya some healing energy....
((((( You )))))
X
weird, we've had a strange sore throat thing this side of the pond - made me hoarse! hope you're feeling ok, sipping lots of water, not trying to speak too much
a mute Mel is like a paradox, doesn't make any sense to me at all
hugs, dearheart, take care of yourself
XXX
Super post. Thanks for sharing.
Hope you’re soon back to full speed.
All the best, Boonie
was it "please speak to another staff member?"
Goodness! How frustrating. Still I bet you were really creative with the notecards :)
Hope it's better now.
Post a Comment