I'm starting to feel like one of 'those' old people.
Yaknow.....one of 'those'.....
I listen to himself fall apart on a daily basis. His joints. His headaches--allergies. (welcome to the midwest....*sigh*) The heat. (I'm the one with hot-flashes....*shaking head*) Seriously--he thinks 78 is hot?!
And I need to stop this mental 'stuff' that runs through my head.
Last weeks sore ribs--pretty sure I snapped one with the shoveling I was doing when we were edging the sidewalk. Sure felt like the *pop* that comes with displacement or fracture. Not the smartest think I've ever done, that's for sure.
Fallin' apart, I tell ya....
Sheesh.
I'm figuring all that coughing that came with the upper respiratory made 'em ripe for the undoing.
Dunno......
What I DO know is (excuse my candidness here.....) underwire bras--a definite 'no-no'. NOT that they ever shoulda been a 'yes-yes!'...
I have more aches than I want.
And more complaints that I care to air.
So I don't. *laughing*
'Cept maybe I do when I whip off the stupid underwire and announce they're the work of the devil and fling 'em into the oblivion of the bedroom?
Wellllll....
They COULD be the work of the devil.....
Ya never know!
Just sayin'......
7 comments:
Being over the hill I've met some of those aches and pains. Oh well.
But glad to say.. Underwires and I have never met. Tomboy here.
I say.. burn it!
Went to the family reunion this past weekend. Saw my Uncle Joe, my namesake. Hadn't seen him in over 30 years! He is old. We had 4 generations there. I introduced my Grandkids to their Great Great Uncle Joe. (The guy has the same name as me???, or is it I that has the same as his?)
Anyway, all the cousins are well into our 60's. If the conversation wasn't about something we did as kids, it was about what's ailing us, what operations we have gone through or what's hurting today.
So, I know the feeling. But I love to have an audience when I have an ache ot pain.
Do I need to add the underwire bra to those things men don't know anything about and don't understand? I mean, like childbirth and the "moon" time? Just askin' I want to be respectful.
By the way, (caution: candidness ahead and secrets divulged) Mrs. Spadoman has never worn a bra in the 41 years I've known her. Tells you what I'm dealing with here. Just sayin'.
Peace, lots of it, sent to all.
on the bra front, my advice would be go to the department store, find a really good lingerie concession and get yourself re-measured by one of those knowledgeable "older" women who probably knows your size by just looking at you. . .
invest in some new ones and throw out the old ones - the fabric stretches, the elastic goes and I'll bet you've changed body shape a little. . .
just sayin'
*ducks and runs for cover*
(-:
XXX
"Wellllll....
They COULD be the work of the devil.....
Ya never know!"
Bwhahahahahahhaha! Mel, I LOVE YOU!!!!
Honestly, if I were a woman I KNOW wouldn't wear an underwire bra. I've seen those things before and they look an instrument of torture. A few of the ladies I work with wear them and they say the same thing.
Hey, and please tell himself that I totally understand how he feels, and that I think hot is anything over 55 degrees. I'm sure he'll get a good laugh out of that one - HA!
Hope you had a grand day, dear lady!
X
Oh grief...I lost my comment. Must be my guides saying, "You don't have to write about the silliness of having a cleavage three inches from your chin and wriggling like two bowls of tomato aspic!"
Well, you get the drift.
Loved your shot of Backwoods Blues. Your eye sees the soul, dear Mel!
A big hug to you, but carefully!
Came back for some more of the bra talk. You never know what you might see and hear. Mel got me all rowdy with that thar sea shanty. Hoo-Rei, and up she rises!
Peaceful though dontcha know
Just have to agree with you Mel - the work of the devil.
Falling apart over here too. Still, 78? Hot? isn't that just comfortably warm?
Post a Comment