Sunday, November 13, 2011

Powerful Fairy Thought





Your self-worth and sense of worthiness begins with the belief and understanding that you are not a victim! When you know who you are and whose you are, you cannot be a victim. Sure things happen to you. There are people who have dishonored you. You may have been born into a situation or circumstances that put you behind the so-called eight ball. You may have been molested or rejected. You may have been inflicted with mental, emotional or, spiritual dysfunction. None of it makes you a victim! As long as you believe it does, it will!

In Yoruba culture, the story of Odi-Ejiogbe is a case against victimization. Odi-Ejiogbe's brothers lied to him and set him up to be murdered. Through prayer and meditation, Odi-Ejiogbe was warned. He left his homeland and, instead of being killed, found wealth and riches in another village. The Biblical story of Joseph is another example. Joseph's brother's threw him into a well and sold him into slavery. They also told their father, Isaac, that he was dead. Joseph served as a slave and eventually became captain of the king's army. In that position, he was able to save his family, including his brothers from starvation. Like Odi-Ejiogbe, he knew he was not a victim. What he told his brothers is a mantra for all those who feel they have been victimized; "You meant it for evil, but God meant it for good!"

People have a propensity to do mean, mindless, irrational, irresponsible and unloving things. You know that! Rather than asking why, ask "How can I use this for my own growth?

I will realize my own worth when I accept . . . What I tell myself I am, I am.

3 comments:

Ron said...

"People have a propensity to do mean, mindless, irrational, irresponsible and unloving things. You know that! Rather than asking why, ask "How can I use this for my own growth?"

Yes, exactly. We cannot help what others do, however we CAN learn from them.

" will realize my own worth when I accept . . . What I tell myself I am, I am."

Amen!

Thank you for sharing this reminder, Mel!

X

Laura~Pretty Pix said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mig said...

I a definitely not a victim. Rather a beneficiary (especially of wisdom, here).