Why he-who-cooks-an-emu waits, I'll never know.
Maybe it's throwback stuff from having a very small refrigerator 'over there.
All I know is there's no 'emu' in the freezer.
And there was this scared rabbit look when he asked what we were doing for Thanksgiving.
Ummmm.....having dinner? Wild guess. We have it every year?
Oh. Well, I didn't tell him.
I should have to tell him?
So there's no turkey.
So there's no turkey.
Is there ever a turkey? Emu's. We do emu's.
And he doesn't know what he'll get for a turkey at this late date.
That's cuz he'll get an emu.
Oh, and then there's the house that needs cleaned up. Carpets shampooed, he thinks.
Yeah. He can just knock his socks off with that concept. This is a lived in house and we're talking a two year old who has difficulties making the fork find her mouth on a good day--that's when she's agreeable to even put what's on her plate in her mouth.
I can't wait to see the tantrum this time.
So.......it's the insanities here as he-who-must-add-to-the-moment races around, locating the emu and all the fixings that he failed to collect prior.
There's a shopping list on the table. And another list of 'to-do's' next to it.
Yeah. He can just knock his socks off with that concept. This is a lived in house and we're talking a two year old who has difficulties making the fork find her mouth on a good day--that's when she's agreeable to even put what's on her plate in her mouth.
I can't wait to see the tantrum this time.
So.......it's the insanities here as he-who-must-add-to-the-moment races around, locating the emu and all the fixings that he failed to collect prior.
There's a shopping list on the table. And another list of 'to-do's' next to it.
I added Spaghetti-O's to the list.
That's for when Mr. Fine-then-you're-done-and-you-can-leave-the-table's, stern grandad's moment passes.
It's the sticky-outty-lip-and-head-on-the-lap-while-she's-sniffling routine.
It's the sticky-outty-lip-and-head-on-the-lap-while-she's-sniffling routine.
I could learn something from that kid...........
4 comments:
My word, he's going to town isn't he! Wonderful to have someone prepared to do all that even if emu is a trifle difficult to obtain in the time allowed : ) And shampooing carpets!! Wow.
(The word ver is madsoc - appropriate maybe?)
when himself is all done,
I have a bird marinating in brine on the back deck, I'll swap him for a clean house...
<<<< cause most of them folks coming are all Vegi-tari-annes.>>>>>
and my carpets have never been scrubbed...
"It's the sticky-outty-lip-and-head-on-the-lap-while-she's-sniffling routine.
I could learn something from that kid..........."
HAHAHAHAHAHAHHA! HILARIOUS, Mel!!!!
And please tell himself that he is more than welcome to come to my house (preferably Wednesday) and prepare all the fixings for ME.
Tee, hee!
X
As I've been going through your photos, I drool - that sky-on-fire one needs to be framed, Mel!
Did your phone call friend show up? If not, it was just another addition to your insurance policy!
People's timing is often a puzzle to me, too. I don't care how they do it - until they want to make their crisis mine!
I think you've got the knack. Panic just needs a little unidentifiable leadership! :D
Post a Comment