Sunday, November 04, 2012
Sleeping with Bread
There's always this scramble at the last minute. ALWAYS.
And there's always this jumble of fear and joy. ALWAYS.
Back and forth, back and forth......it's an emotional roller coaster. Why I don't simply LET GO and stick with the 'joy'....who knows......
Performance anxiety maybe? LOL
There's more than that emotional back and forth that happens--
....work, home, work, home, work, home.......this year it was only four times. LOL Other years it's been a dozen or so, so there's a source of gratitude.
I only had to lug staple guns, hammers/nails/zip ties, 2 x 4 bits of wood and rope/electrical cords/3 prong adaptors! Next year I'll simply put them in my trunk.
Back and forth to the unit--in and out, up and down.... Toting scenery, toting props, lugging boxes of bagged goodies, looking for 'lost pieces', looking for the 'fog juice' and the missing strobe light......
I swear every year that we'll be more organized.
Every year--we scramble and laugh and grumble and panic--and SOMEhow manage to pull it off.
There's great joy watching grown ups and kiddos working hand in hand, trying to solve the problems that present themselves as you're assembling backdrops, 10 foot Draculas and hooking up cute monsters that pop out of bushes.......all in winds that no one anticipated.
No one bickered--which was amazing. People were frequently 'wrong' ......and lived.
And the Sock Monkey didn't electrocute herself. THANK you, G-d!
There were less than 100 bagged goodies left when it was all said and done. (they start with 1000--so this is a good thing!)
There were donations in the boxes.
There was $78 in the bowl along with two IOU's and a funny little thank you note written on a grocery store receipt.
And as the works got disassembled, packed up, thrown out and shoved in places they ought NOT be (yes--they're still kiddos and yes every therapist ought to have a fog machine in their office!!)--the werewolf and zombies shoved 11 bags and 2 boxes of canned/boxed goods into the van for delivery the following day.
AND they put in those (less than 100) left over goody bags along with the bowl that held the cash.
I'll get the bowl back.
We'll do it again next year.
I'll put staples, hammers and zip-ties in the trunk before I leave the house.
And I'll remember to TRUST.
It all turns out the way it's suppose to, eh?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Gosh, Mel, I wish you had pictures. It all sounds very exciting.
"It all turns out the way it's suppose to, eh?"
It sure does, Mel!
"There were less than 100 bagged goodies left when it was all said and done. (they start with 1000--so this is a good thing!)"
WOW...that's AMAZING! Sounds like you had an awesome turnout!
You GO, dear lady!
(((((( You ))))))
X
Please tell me you took photo's and that your planning to post some of them?
C x
You guys are AMAZING!!
Being the photo person I am, I also would have like to see a pic or two...
Too busy havin' fun or givin' candy, I guess!!
I'd love to post photos--but it's disallowed, understandably.
Oh, but I coulda took a photo of Dracula without the crew, dangitall!
*sigh* Didn't.......
Never mind, the picture is in our heads.
And of course it turns out the way it's supposed to - since you're involved!
Post a Comment