Simply going through the motions of forgiving or accepting forgiveness will not get us very far.
We must squarely face our feelings and tell someone so we are no longer alone with our guilt.
Then, if there is the possibility for repair without further hurt, we must make repair.
In this concrete way we can be genuinely forgiven and fully accept forgiveness.
When a person has a spiritual experience like this, they mature and gain the ability to forgive others.

4 comments:
and if there's no possibility for repair without further hurt. . .
just wonderin'
Love this TFTD Mel, because it really hit home after being around certain family members while I was in Florida.
Lots of forgiving going on.
Yup...it was a good trip.
X
(((((((((( Ron ))))))))))))))
Welcome back.
I'm relieved to hear you've returned safe and sound.
There's a clause that WPIML spoke to, ILTV-- "unless when to do so would injure them or others". I dare say that going back to take responsibility for my part would have created more harm than good in a case or two. In those cases, it was about being able to tell another person and move into self forgiveness.
There were a few incidents where it wasn't ME who needed to be forgiven--it was ME who was going to be hurt in the mess uf I walked back into it....walking and staying far far away from the mess was just the wisest thing for me to do. I can forgive without putting myself in the line of fire.
The repair that needed to be done was in ME and not in the relationship.....it was a process, but I think I'm good with the end results today. :-)
Post a Comment