Now--most folks would find that comforting when they hear that from someone. Notsomuch me! I wonder what in the world WE talked about. And what is it WE have covered......
Oh, but I have my marching orders.
MUST have the cellphone on me at all times.
MUST ring someone so they can come to the house ( for even five minutes ) when I do something for the first time....JUST so t
MUST ring to ask for what I might need.
MUST check in daily with the sister.
MUST check in daily with the girl.
MUST email he-who'll-be-over-there--daily. (I'll have time for anything else besides checking in?!)
MUST ring the bed and breakfast if something arises that 'he-who-needs-to-know' oughta know.
MUST NOT try to do dangerous things--like tote bags of dirt (I have a lawn buddy!..geeze....) or climb ladders. LOL (there goes the painting the kitchen idea!)
MUST take walks like a duckie in the shooting gallery--back and forth, back and forth.....where folks who know me will be handy just-in-case.
MUST let someone know if I go on an adventure. (So they know where to look for the body, maybe?)
*laughing*
The list goes on and on and on.
I have electronic lists....and instructions for the television/DVD/CD player. (Like I bothered to learn how to run the darn thing?)
The 'torches' are strategically placed, the weather radio moved for easy access (so I can reach it to toss it out the window maybe?) The car AND the Jeep have been filled up with gas. (gimme a break--we filled the car 6 weeks ago.....it's still got half a tank!)
Seriously?
What loving people to care about my wellbeing so much. (okay...that bit I do mean!)
I've nodded and agreed and repeated and assured.
And anyone who knows me.....is a bit skeptical about my sincerity and just a tad concerned about that wee bit in me that says 'Nahhhhhhhhh...I'm good!'.
Heck, even *I* know that wee bit will get HUGE in quick order.
Right now I'm just wondering what WE talked about.
Zackly what IS it that WE have taken care of?
:-/
Ohhhhhhh.....I DO hope it involved asparagus!
I stole a look last night at the neighbor's garden....it's ready!
2 comments:
Gone... or going? Whatever, it's all sorted.... smiles.
"MUST let someone know if I go on an adventure. (So they know where to look for the body, maybe?)"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are HILARIOUS, Mel!!! But I do think that's a GOOD idea.
"What loving people to care about my wellbeing so much."
Because you are so LOVED, dear lady!
((((((( You ))))))))
X
Post a Comment