Friday, June 13, 2014

Daily Reminder


Relaxing when things don't go as you planned.  

So, the boyfriend calls, says he's going hiking with his buddies for a week, cancels his date with you and says he hopes you won't be mad.  
Or the bank calls and says you're overdrawn, and you don't know how that can be. You've been trying to carefully watch your deposits and checks. You've gone out of your way not to mess up. This can't be right!  

What do you do when life seems to force you to react? You can panic, become anxious, yell, and respond with a counterattack. But that probably won't solve the problem. And it may turn things into a brawl.  
Or you can calm down. Breathe deeply. Tell yourself to relax. Say as little as possible, if that's possible, while you're upset and disturbed. 

If a problem or disturbance that's not fair interrupts your life, try responding by saying hmmm. Then calm down and decide what you need to do.  

4 comments:

Ron said...

"Breathe deeply. Tell yourself to relax. Say as little as possible, if that's possible, while you're upset and disturbed."

Yes, that's exactly what I do, Mel. I find that if I take time to breathe and stay quiet, whatever steps I need to take will be revealed to me.

Thanks for the reminder, dear lady. Happy Friday!

((((((((( You )))))))

X

Valerie said...

I learned to put things on one side for a day or two, then deal with them when I was in control and my thinking more rational.

Anonymous said...

A while back a friend asked me for advice, and I suggested she go to an Ashram for a few days and just sit still. She literally laughed in my face.

Two years later her life is still bouncing around like a pinball in a machine, and if she asked me again my advice would be the same.

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

I'm much more reactive and responsive....initially. Then I back off and look at things and then seek the ONLY ONE who can do anything about it. I wish I'd get there first. Sure...it's better than before...but I still am a long way from Hmmmm.
Hmmmm. ;)

Okay...I need to give myself a little more credit. But....