I forgot how easy it is.
Seriously, how can you forget how easy it is?
How could YOU forget how easy it is?
*sigh*
The drive to work is 50 minutes.
I've been blaring music, listening to audio books—and I 'got around to' deciding maybe I needed to stop whining about not having time to do some things and DO some things. There's 50 minutes twice a day and I decided to devote time to list out 10 things I'm grateful for (takes a whopping 2 minutes). Wasn't that big of me…….
I've been blaring music, listening to audio books—and I 'got around to' deciding maybe I needed to stop whining about not having time to do some things and DO some things. There's 50 minutes twice a day and I decided to devote time to list out 10 things I'm grateful for (takes a whopping 2 minutes). Wasn't that big of me…….
This morning I had a 50 minute conversation with G-d.
It is SO easy—and so humbling and fulfilling and affirming and warm and……..easy………
I have a 1-800-G-D-HELP hotline—I hear tell that most folks do.
It's the number I dial when my back's up against the wall, when my *** is in trouble, when the bottom's falling out from under me…….
It's the number I call when I'm feeling angry about my circumstances, when I'm feeling bad for someone else's circumstances, when I'm angry cuz I don't GET it…….when I'm sad cuz it ain't fair or right or just…….
Today I dialed it to just 'catch up' with the Big Guy. To let Him know how I was doing, what I was thinking, what I was missing and struggling with and what crappy way of doing things I was still working on……
And yaknow, instead of being silent (cuz that's what I anticipated given our conversations had been pretty rushed and void of substance…..) ….instead of being silent, He asked what I wanted.
Not in that blaming/shaming /accusatory, looking for the ulterior motive…….but in a quiet, caring, loving way.
What do YOU want?
And then it changed. It changed to:
WHAT do you want?
And then it changed again……
What do you WANT?
And ya know……no matter which way it was asked, I had only one answer…..
I don't know.
I don't know.
I …..don't know.
4 comments:
That reminded me of this quote by John Cleese: "It’s easier to do trivial things that are urgent than it is to do important things that are not urgent, like thinking. And it’s also easier to do little things that we know we can do than to start on big things that we’re not so sure about."
Just substitute "praying" for "thinking" in that first line.
"I have a 1-800-G-D-HELP hotline"
Mel, I love that!
I have been there many times in that place of "I don't know." And usually for me, it means asking the Big Guy "What do YOU want for me?" And then listening for an answer.
(((((((( You ))))))))
X
I'm sensing that this might become a routine. There's a verse that comes to mind... Take delight in the Lord,and he will give you your heart’s desires. Psalm 37:4
Interesting?
Perfect "offering". Thank you, my dear. xo
Post a Comment